Reload this Page >

Delta airlines lax to rome?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Monica

I will be flying delta from LAX to rome this spring. Can anyone share their positive or negative experiences with them? Thank you!

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 08:13 AM
monica

anyone? Thanks!

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 08:52 AM
will

I might be mistaken but, I don't think that Delta flies non-stop from LAX to Rome (unless it's an Alitalia code share). Are you connecting through JFK or Atlanta? I flew Delta's Atlanta to Rome this past March & the service was AWFUL, food was bland, etc. I had a great time in Rome. Hope you do too!

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 10:33 AM
paula

I am a gold medillion flyer with Delta and I think their service is comparable to American or United who I fly fairly often. I always fly in business class internationally and the food and wine are usually good. I can't really comment on coach.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 10:45 AM
Therese

I fly Delta lots, but plenty of experience on other U.S. airlines (particularly transatlantic) as well, and basically find very little difference among them. Delta's taking longer to introduce things like personal video screens in all their planes, but in the end all economy seats are uncomfortable and all the food pretty atrocious. You will survive the flight, you'll get there on time (or early, on the flight over), and your luggage will probably not get lost.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Monica

Thanks, everyone!<BR><BR>I will be stopping at JFK. I'm a little worried about flying in an MD-11, though, on the way back. anyone know anything about them? <BR><BR>thanks!

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 01:52 PM
paula

MD-11 are nice planes. Very large. Delta uses them alot on international flights.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 03:20 PM
Freekwent Flyur

MD-11's are the evolution of the DC-10 (much like how the Boeing 717 is an evolution of the MD-88, which was an evolution of the DC-9). They're standard long-haul planes, with the usual idiotic 2-5-2 seat configuration. They're no more comfortable or more uncomfortable than any other plane.<BR><BR>As far as the flight goes, to get from LAX to FCO will require a change in ATL, CVG, or JFK. Cattle car is cramped, the food is dull, and the flight is long. Were you expecting any different?

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Barb

Do you know if you go to Delta's web page and type in your flight # and seat assignment, you can see where your seat will be on the plane - it's kind of nice to know ahead of time where exactly you will be in the plane. That's if everything goes according to plan of course. Now I just wish you could see a map of the airport terminals to know exactly where to go to get your connecting flight.

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Christina

I flew Delta from Orlando-JFK-Rome last Novemeber. They were fine. In fact I didn't think the food was that terrible. Long flights are never fun, especially in coach. No matter who you fly with it will be long and uncomfortable. Don't worry about it. It's a small price to pay to fly to Italy!

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 03:33 AM
Steve

Beg, borrow or steal a way to upgrade. Frankly, I fly huge amounts, and though I probably do 50,000 miles a year on Delta, I think they're europe flights, even in first/business elite, are pretty dreadful.<BR><BR>If no upgrade:<BR>1-Bring your own special foods....the coach food is awful. One's own little bag of cheeses and crackers, some special treats, etc. can make it fun...and make those around you jealous.<BR>2-wear comfy clothes...even bring a sweatsuit to change into if you're a "dressed up" flyer<BR>3-check out flyertalk.com and look at the Delta bulletin board, lots of info.<BR><BR>Steve