Reload this Page >

Going to Greece - NEED HELP/SUGGESTIONS

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24th, 1998, 06:48 AM
Marianna

I am planning a trip to Greece in May/early June. I have never been and do not know much about the islands. I'm assuming it will be warm enough to enjoy the beaches during this time of year. Am I correct?? I need advice on what island are a "must see." There will be two of us going and we are very active - enjoy the outdoors. Ideally we would like an area where we don't have to rent a car. We will be traveling for about 12 days. Thanks for your help.

Old Nov 24th, 1998, 09:01 AM
Joanne

I was in Greece in late May and early June of 1997. The weather was gorgeous. Many people believe that this is the very best time to be in Greece. However, the Mediterranean water was freezing cold (but the air temp was in the 80's or warmer). We chartered a sailboat with our own captain and sailed from Athens to Monemvassia on the southern tip of Greece, stopping on islands and ports in between. Fantastic trip! Also spent several days in Athens, took a wonderful day trip to Delphi. If you don't have a sailboat, look into the ferry schedules from island to island. And dont' try to get to too many places. Have fun. <BR>

Old Nov 24th, 1998, 09:04 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Marianna, Let me suggest that you pull <BR>down all of the " Greece" postings for <BR>the past few months and start there. <BR>May is the perfect time, but you easily spend a month and not see it all. <BR>You will see that many of the posters <BR>love Santorini---the only real " must" <BR>among the islands. After reading, give me holler directly if you want.

Old Nov 25th, 1998, 05:54 AM
roman

Weather in Greece in May is warm, so you can wear shorts and you can swim in a hot see. <BR>Place to be is island IOS, where you can party big time, and it is very small so you don't need to rent a car.

Old Nov 27th, 1998, 07:02 PM
Staci

Forget Ios. Like Fort Lauderdale during spring break. Santorini is a must. I live in Greece half the year. Contact me directly for good info <BR>

Old Nov 27th, 1998, 07:23 PM
Diane

I highly recommend Santorini. Am going back myself this spring and plan to stay in Oia on Santorini. There's a wonderful archaelogical site, beaches, shopping, incredible views. 12 days is short for visiting Greece. You'll want to spend a couple of days in Athens at the end, both to see the things you need to see and to make sure you catch your plane out without travel difficulties from an island. It's been ten years since I've been there, but I also enjoyed Mykonos. Plenty to do there including night life. Paros is a good alternative to Mykonos. Ios is known as a party island for the young set. Haven't been there myself. Have a good time. <BR>