Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Most Romantic Hotels in Mykenos and Santorini?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 1998, 01:58 PM
Mike Bratter

<BR>Hi- <BR> <BR>I'm planning a trip to Greece in May. Could someone recommend the most romantic hotels with the best views in Santorini and Mykenos? <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR> <BR>Mike

Old Nov 13th, 1998, 04:14 PM
Billy

Mike <BR> <BR>Can't speak for hotels on Santorini but for Mykonos I strongly recommend the Rochari Hotel. Check the hotel's link at:- <BR> <BR> http://www.fira1.demon.co.uk (that's fira 'one' not fira 'L') <BR> <BR>I've stayed there a number of times and keep going back. <BR> <BR>Mail me if you need any information. <BR> <BR>Billy

Old Nov 13th, 1998, 05:19 PM
Bram

Mike, <BR>About 10 years ago my wife(who was my girlfriend at the time) and I spent 3 glorious weeks together on Santorini. We stayed in an incredible apartment cut into the side of a a mountain called the 'Thanos Villas'. It was located in the town of Fira and it was the same apartments used in the movie 'Summer Lovers' with Daryl Hannah. Rent the movie and you will see the true defintion of pardise. <BR>Regards, <BR>Bram

Old Nov 16th, 1998, 04:35 AM
vicki manocchio

This summer we stayed at "Perivolas" in the town of Oia in Santorini - it hangs on a cliff with a beautiful view and a short walk to town. In Mykonos, I would recommend Kivotos Club - it is noted as one of "Small Luxury Hotels of the World" - a very romantic place for a honeymoon, friendly staff and a short hike down a path to a great beach. Try Triaena Tours to book a trip with all travel transfers and hotels included, or just search these hotels on the web. You will love both places!

Old Nov 16th, 1998, 04:50 AM
Mary

The most romantic hotel in Santorini must be the honeymoon suite in a windmill at Dameia Palace Hotel.

Old Nov 16th, 1998, 07:49 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

The best advise is to stay at Oia. There <BR>are several of the cave house type places on the edge of the caldera--one <BR>was mentioned above. Another which we <BR>stayed at recently is the Esperas Trad. <BR>houses---they have an excellent web site <BR>and Yvonne is the contact. We loved it <BR>but you have to be able to do some hill <BR>climbing from their location, but fabulous views and nice pool--about $125

Old Nov 16th, 1998, 07:50 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

The best advise is to stay at Oia. There <BR>are several of the cave house type places on the edge of the caldera--one <BR>was mentioned above. Another which we <BR>stayed at recently is the Esperas Trad. <BR>houses---they have an excellent web site <BR>and Yvonne is the contact. We loved it <BR>but you have to be able to do some hill <BR>climbing from their location, but fabulous views and nice pool--about $125

BOB THE NAVIGATOR

BOB THE NAVIGATOR

BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Old Nov 17th, 1998, 10:25 AM
jr

I am also planning on visiting Greece and my friend who is Greek and visits every year suggested either Chromata or Astra Villas both in Firastefani in Santorini.

Old Nov 27th, 1998, 08:23 PM
Diane

Firostephani is a good location. Easy walking distance to Fira, yet out of the main stream. For a romantic location, also consider Oia. <BR>