Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

going to Europe mid June and want to wear a sweater.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 11:45 AM
phil

My family and I are looking into a summer vication to Europe sometime in mid June. We are from Manila and are accustomed to hot weather. To us, a vication has to be somewhere cold wear we can wear sweaters and jackets. We also have to go to a place that is child friendly since we have a 2 year old and a 1 year old. Any ideas?

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Christina

I don't know child-friendly versus not, but obviously, the farther north the better. You can't predict, you could need to wear sweaters and jackets in western/central Europe, but you can't count on it. Last May to early June I was in Prague and Krakow and it was quite cold and rainy, definitely wore sweaters and jackets at night. <BR><BR>I'd suggest Ireland or Scotland. I was to both in August, and in Scotland, people were actually wearing wool coats at times (that was a very cool summer, but still). A lined raincoat would have been perfect, but definitely need sweaters and jackets ( I wore a sweater with a raincoat).

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 02:45 PM
Originality

Somewhere there is a post asking what is the most original post on this message board. I think this has to qualify as the most original post ever.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 02:46 PM
xxx

Norway !<BR>www.norway.com has lots of tips and suggestions.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 10:56 AM
Ann

I've had to wear a sweater in London in June.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Ira

Hi Phil<BR><BR>I suggest Copenhagen. You can take the kids to the Tivoli Gardens.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 12:08 PM
Amy

Iceland! Gorgeous, scenic, manageable, and cool.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 12:23 PM
Beth

I was in the Bernese Alps 2 Junes ago, and it snowed (on June 14!). We needed to wear fleece vests during our visit (which was sunny but cool).

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 01:12 PM
xxx

And of course, the further north you go, the longer the daylight will be in June. Iceland and n. Norway will hardly have any darkness at all.