Going to Disneyland Paris and Disney Village

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

This is not the sort of thing that I do often, but someone requested a report on this subject. Since I was at the Val d'Europe mall, I jumped on the RER for just one station to go and take some pictures.

Frankly, I am a fan of the "Disney product" in moderation and never criticize people who want to go there when they are visiting Paris. I am only dismayed when they give the two destinations equal importance (particularly if they do not have chilldren) such as "going to Paris for the first time for 4 days and want to spend 2 days at EuroDisney - how do we get there?"

But each person is entitled to his or her own interests, and I know that there are plenty of Disney fanatics who want to compare every park they can get to.

So, I certainly have no plans to make such a report until the next time I offer to accompany reluctant friends who need to take their kids there and are devastated by the thought (one of my friends has a phobia for heights and speed and can't take his daughter on any of the 'good' rides himself) -- but here is what you can expect to see when you step out of the RER at Chessy: http://tinyurl.com/26qjmdr
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the photos kerouac, the snow is beautiful, like icing on a cake.

I'm taking my family plus a couple of DD's friends to Europe next July. Disneyland Paris is on the must do list even though it's the first time for the friends but what can you do?
The girls will be 14 and will also want to shop.. I must be mad!

Last time I visited it was called EuroDisney circa 1998 and I don't think there was a Disney Village then.
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
The original name of Disney Village was "Festival Disney" but it was there already back in 1992.
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 08:39 AM

Kerouac - excellent photos! Thanks for the views.
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 09:32 AM

Thanks so much, we are on the hook to take kids and grandkids but it won't be for a few years as the grandkids are 3 and under at this point. I confess to liking the rides no matter how scary!
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 09:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
anyone else a fan of Asterix?

Parc Asterix is just down the road from disney and although they spoke virtually zero french at the time, my kids loved it.

there is the usual range of rides, and a hotel. it might make a nice complromise for those whose kids "demand" a theme park but who want to keep the french theme of the holiday.
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 10:02 AM

'Festival Disney' doesn't ring a bell either but I think that's because we just visited the Park itself.

annhig, my sister took my nephew to Parc Asterix about 15 years ago. When we met up in Paris last month she mentioned that she was glad not to be going back there again but my nephew had enjoyed it immensely at the time (he is now 25).
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 10:57 AM

sassy-cat, I don't know what your sister wouldn't have liked it, unless she doesn't like theme parks.

I'd happily have gone back if it had fitted into our schedule.
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 04:07 PM

annhig, I'm sorry I didn't explain but my sister suffers from motion sickness. She can't even watch movies like Bourne Ultimatum without getting sick let alone theme park rides.
My nephew was only interested in the rides!
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 02:29 PM

My nephew was only interested in the rides!>>

ditto my kids, though DS was very taken with the idea of being able to eat wild boar for lunch at a theme park.

I thought that it was very well done, with a very french feel to it.