Reload this Page >

God Save The Queen

Search

God Save The Queen

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 06:37 AM
Spice Girl

God Save The Queen

London, 8th November 2000. <BR> <BR>To the citizens of the United States of America, <BR> <BR>Following your failure to elect a President of the <BR>USA to govern yourselves and, by extension, the free world, we <BR>hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence. <BR> <BR>Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume <BR>a monarch's duties over all states, commonwealths and other <BR>territories. <BR> <BR>To aid in the transition to a British Crown <BR>Dependency, please comply <BR>with the following acts: <BR> <BR>1. Look up "revoke" in a dictionary <BR>2. Learn at least the first 4 lines of "God save the <BR>Queen" <BR>3. Start referring to "soccer" as football <BR>4. Declare war on Quebec <BR> <BR>Tax collectors from Her Majesty's Government will be <BR>with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all revenues due <BR>(backdated to 1776). <BR>

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 07:02 AM
Judy

Spice Girl, LOL ROTFL Does "God Save the Queen" sound like "My Country Tis of Thee"? ;-)

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 07:07 AM
Joe

I have a 225 year old tea bag. Perhaps you would care to suck it?

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 07:40 AM
Ess

<BR>Spice girl, how can her majesty revoke what was never granted to begin with? Didn't we take our independence in a war we won?

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 08:05 AM
Salada Lipton

Like, I looked up "revoke" and it was, like, Indian giving, right? So I go, yeah, well I get THAT, but what's this "revocation"? And I'm thinkin, a Queen? I mean, we already got a Prince and he's bad enough. <BR> <BR>Spice Girl, honey, your Elizabeth's a trip, knowwhaddimene? Now, if Di was still walkin' maybe then, okay? <BR> <BR>And NO WAY your gonna get me to say Mia Hamm and Brandy Chastain play football! Never be down with that, isn gonna happen, girlfriend, no no no. <BR> <BR>But don't worry we won't have a president. We're just showing you hotshitte Brits how your supposed to settle things, down-home style. I promise somebody will be prez in January and somebody else will be filling lawsuits like we got a lot of out of work lawyers! <BR> <BR>What's Quebec? <BR> <BR>

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 08:11 AM
Mike

Spice Girl <BR> <BR>You've missed the plot - we're going to become the 51st State when William (Stuff The Euro) Hague wins the next election. Can we have the Jimi Hendrix version of the new National Anthem, please? Now That's What I Call Music. <BR> <BR>I don't think George W and Little Willie have told anyone what's happening to Queenie. <BR> <BR>PS I have a neat solution to the Floridian conundrum - a rotating presidency. Toss a coin for who goes first, then it's two years Bush/Liebermann, two years Gore/Cheney (or vice versa, see coin for details). That'll work ...

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 08:11 AM
Spice Girl

An addendum, considering the most recent post: <BR> <BR>You will all learn to speak the Queen's English.

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 08:30 AM
Nigel Mansel

And you will all start driving on the proper side of the street, eh?

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 08:32 AM
elvira

I probably could abide ER, but that doofus son of hers is another matter. <BR> <BR>The vision of ER riding in an open car through East Los Angeles, queen-waving to the crowds, is amusing. <BR> <BR>Wouldn't it be sort of fun to just dump all our problems in her lap. "here you go, your royal self, you can fix the crime, the homelessness, racial tensions..." 'cause she's done such a darn good job throughout her kingdom.

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 08:42 AM
John

Kindly note that QE2 is only QE1 of "Britain" since the prior Betty didn't run Scotland. <BR> <BR>Britons: Where's the swingometer now that we need it over here?

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 08:50 AM
SharonM

Mike, I think we already have a rotating president... <BR> <BR>oh. and don't forget Sid Viscious GSTQ

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 08:55 AM
SharonM

uh, Vicious, that is... <BR> <BR> <BR>sam

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 09:02 AM
jim

Ya know, I think Spice Girl is right. We could use a little British "rule." I mean, look at what a fine job the Brits are doing in Ireland! The only problem I might have with surrendering to England is that we'd have to adopt their form of dental hygiene (which, from what I can tell, is defined as "none."

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 09:07 AM
Oh my...

OUCH! That's gotta hurt! Be careful though, they may dig a tunnel and nail us with a surprise attack! I can see the red coats marching from a hole in the sea, right up into Manhattan! <BR>

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 09:08 AM
Art

We already have Disneyland and Mickey Mouse. <BR>

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 09:33 AM
Bob Brown

Seriously, why would England want us back? We would just cause more trouble now than we did in 1776! Giving them any one of several cities I can name would more than revenge the War of 1812. <BR>The idea of digging a tunnel to the USA reminds me of the British force that tried to cut its way through the woods from Canada to New York City during the Revolutionary War. Real sneak attack!!

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 09:37 AM
Thyra

Dudes, I totally think Her Royal Highness and her entire family would fit right in California... We can lease them Barbara Streisand's big hilltop estate, then they could be neighbors with Brad and Jennifer and the Hanks and Speilbegs... We could add their residence to the maps of stars homes and get their feet in cement at Mann's Chinese. Hey, it's all about marketing isn't it? I am sure they'd all love the weather.. but try to find good muesli now there is a dilemma... I say come on over Windsor's et al.. You'll fit right in! Maybe they can make it in time to be Grand Marshall at the Rose Parade.

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 09:49 AM
HerbGirl

To Spice Girl, <BR> <BR>Please comply with the following: <BR> <BR>Acknowledge that your original post was something that was already circulating over the Net, and not your original work. I received variations on it from several people yesterday.

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 10:29 AM
so what

<BR>Herb girl: <BR>AND?????

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 11:50 AM
spice girl

And off with herb girls head.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -