Reload this Page >

Gloucester Road area?

Search

Gloucester Road area?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 09:05 AM
Tory

Gloucester Road area?

Is anyone familiar with either of these vacation rental properties: Cranley Gardens or Stanhope Mews South near the Gloucester Road tube stop? Any opinions in general regarding the convenience and safety of this area for a family with 2 young children? I appreciate any help you're able to provide.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 09:20 AM
JOdy

While Glouster rd has about 2 blocks of various shops and restaurants the rest of the area in mainly residential and a great area for children. we usually stay a little closer to South ken tibe but are using Cranley Gardens this year. Have walked by it many many times over many years. If I were living in London that would be the area i chose. There is even a playground for children in the neighborhood..wish I could remember exactly what street it was on ..I think Onslow Gardens, it's by a church! very convenient to if you are renting an apt. several good grocers, Boots, hair salon laudry near by. I think you'll be pleased with the area

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:14 AM
Pam

There's that BOOTS kicking up again!! I must visit one sometime.<BR> Yes, Tory that area seemed safe to me back in 1990 when I stayed there and took the Gloucester Tube several times (traveling solo).

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:15 AM
msa

We stayed in the Gloucester area just over a year ago with our 2 children and it was a great area for us. There is a grocery store right there, as well as a Boots and lots of restaurants. Several ATM's right there as well. We felt safe even late at night. No problems at all, and would stay in the area again.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:19 AM
Marla

We stayed at the Millennium Bailey's hotel last October --- right across fromt the Gloucester Road tube station. Wonderful neighborhood, grocery store in building next to tube station, convenience store and bakery across the street. Have Fun!