Search

Globus tours

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 11:10 AM
ellen

Globus tours

If anyone has toured with globus, I would love to hear your experience! It's my 1st time to Italy so I felt a tour would be appropriate. Im traveling with a girlfriend and I thought I'd be safer if I was with a group, especially since we would not know our way around. Any input would be appreciated-Thanks!Also,were both @27 and energetic to say the least so we dont mind being on the go!!

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 11:33 AM
KT

For feedback on Globus, you might want to do a text search for "globus" on this forum, because there have been a number of threads on it in the past. <BR> <BR>Personally, I've been to Italy numerous times and never on a tour, but if that's what you feel comfortable doing.....

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 12:46 PM
Henry

Ellen,On our first trip to Europe we took Globus' "London on Your Own" tour. For a first trip to Europe I thought it was a good balance independent travel and professional assistance.The hotel was average,the Globus employees were very helpful.Enjoy Italy.

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 02:41 PM
Dick

My wife and I have made 3 Globus tours. One from London to Rome ,21 days, the second was of Spain, 15 days, and the last was in Greece which included both a land and cruise tour for 18 days. We are currently planning a tour of Ireland coupled with stays at condos in England/Scotland next summer. The condos are not part of the Globus, we are just going to drive on our own if I can learn to drive on the wrong side. We have enjoyed all of these tours. Accommodations were generally very good. Once in a while they could have been better, but that is part of traveling. Tour Guides were always excellent. Both helpful and knew the history very well.

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 03:03 PM
DOUG

haaa dick <BR>that's the "right side of the road"

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 08:42 PM
Al

We went to Eastern Europe and to Turkey with Globus. They kept every promise they made. Their guides were excellent. The motor equipment was in top shape. We enjoyed good lodging and good food. We thought Globus delivered good value for money.

Old Aug 12th, 1999, 11:34 AM
carol

Ellen, when are you going and which tour are you taking? I'm taking a Globus tour in Italy on September 11th. My first one, and I'm 29. E-mail me at the above e-mail address if you want to communicate directly. Look forward to hearing from you.

Old Aug 13th, 1999, 10:19 AM
Ellen

<BR>