Search

Glendalough

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2005, 02:55 AM
jrh
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glendalough

We are looking for the best bus tour (meaning the one that gives us the longest time there) for a day trip to Glendalough in late April. Suggestions?
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 04:43 AM

Try www.daytoursunplugged.ie
We took this tour two years ago and enjoyed it. The cost is 30 euro and starts in Dublin. The guide was very knowledgeable about Glendalough. After walking us through with info, he gave us about an hour to walk around ourselves. A wonderful, peaceful place.
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 05:04 AM
Ardfert

There is a local bus company too-a regular scheduled one-which does not have a tour guide but will give you a few hours in Glendalough.See www.glendaloughbus.com .There is a tourist office in Glendalough too.

Old Apr 6th, 2005, 05:53 AM

I can't advise you about a bus tour - we had rented a car - but I certainly encourage you to make it to Glendalough. The monastery is worth the trip alone, and the associated park is gorgeous. You could definitely spend a day between exploring the monastery and strolling or hiking the park. We drove over 1,000 miles in Ireland in 11-12 days, and we thought it was the most underated site in the country.
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 06:51 AM

Mary Gibbons tours also goes to Glendalough and I believe it is the only one that does that and Powerscourt on the same tour. You can find information on them at http://wicklow.goireland.com/scripts...x/premises.htm

Bill