Search

Glasgow Guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glasgow Guide

We will be in Glasgow for 2 days in December, visiting our son who's there on a semester abroad from his university in the U.S. as we won't have much time and want to make the most of our stay, can anyone recommend a private guide who could show us the sights?
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 01:28 PM

As it's where I live, I don't have cause to use this, so can't exactly help you. But I did find this guide site with some info on places to visit so that you can have a look first.
Shout if you have any questions....there's lot to see! Hope your son's enjoying himself....
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 01:30 PM

PS Places I think that you really should visit are Kelvingrove, the RIverside Museum, the City Chambers....to name but 3!
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 06:54 AM

I usually download a free travel guide from bookboon.com before I set off to a new place. Their info is always accurate and there are some pretty useful tips on how to see the sights even without a guide.
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 06:40 PM

The Hop-on Hop-Off bus is actually a good way to get an overview of Glasgow - go once around the entire circuit just to see what's there, then go around a second time, stopping at what interests you most. I think a ticket is good for two days.

Since your son is already living there, does he have any classmates (or classmates' family) that would act as a local guide for the day?