Search

gift to bring

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Con

gift to bring

Does anyone have a suggestion for host/hostess gifts that would be appropriate to bring to Germany?... A couple in early 40's with new baby... And new friends that we haven't met who are hosting a dinner. We wanted to find something that maybe wouldn't be availabe there.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Pam

Con--Since about everything is available around the world to everyone, think about something personal. Decorate a bicross-stitch, glue glitter,etc) with the date of your visit, etc. Or something from your area of the world (I don't know if you are from the US or not, but maybe a football, baseball little outfit or tiny ball cap or sports sneakers.)Maybe a product from your area for the parents--type of chocolate, maple syrup, wine, Christmas ornament, even a local newspaper is a good conversation starter (comparing prices on groceries or even cars).<BR> If you are crafty, consider that as a unique present.<BR> Happy traveling!!

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Pam

me again---Still don't know if you are from the USA--If so, habout some of the new state quarters or $2.00 bills??<BR> I'll keep thinking since you have no other helpers on this forum as of yet.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Sue

How about a bib with the baby's name on it; some boutique baby shops have this service available. Also set of hand or fingertip towels for couple with their mongram on it.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 05:54 PM
Lauren

I live outside Washington, DC. A "future president" t-shirt never fails to be a hit for a new baby for one of my European friends.<BR><BR>Depending on where you live, certainly you can find something suitably silly that they could not get in Germany. Bring that. Whatever it is, they will love it--and the baby will get compliments when he/she wears it.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Francie

How about a nice food gift of some kind that perhaps your friends cannot buy in Germany?

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 04:05 AM
Connie

Thanks for the ides! I live in New England so the Vermont Maple syrup would be great. We're traveling w/friends from DC so the t-shirt for baby is also great! I appreciate the help!!!