Reload this Page >

getting to the latin quarter from cdg

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 01:43 PM
gina

How can i take public transportation to my hotel in the latin quarter from charles de gaulle

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 01:54 PM
Bob Brown

Our Paris experts must be on Easter Vacation, so I will pinch hit as best I can.<BR><BR>RER line B3 goes to the station known as St. Michael - Notre Dame.<BR>What you do next depends on where your hotel is located. Given that those RER and Metro stations are mostly long tunnels and steps, you might want to <BR>take a taxi from there.<BR><BR>You can transfer to Metro line 4 there and ride to the Odeon station, where you can change again to line 10 and ride to Maubert Mutualite, Cardinal Lemine, and Jussieu.<BR>Or you could hoof it a goodly distance to the Cluny la Sarbonne station and continue from there.<BR><BR>I am assuming you know the exact location of your hotel.<BR>

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 01:57 PM
Bob Brown

OOPS. Need that Frommers editing function. Cardinal Lemoine Metro station!! And the RER headed for town originates at the CDG rail station located between Terminal 2, Hall C and Hall F.

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 02:34 PM
Betty

Hi, Gina. If you would like to see what Bob is describing, go to http://www.adp.fr/webadp/a_cont01_an.nsf/NFhome?ReadForm<BR><BR>Click on "Roissy" and you will see a map showing all the bus and RER lines into Paris and where they stop. If you then click on "From Paris to Ch.de Gaulle airport" under Access, you will be given lots of info about various means of transport between the airport and the city. You might also want to consider a shuttle service (minivan). PariShuttle (the one Mark Harris is now associated with)is reputed to be dependable. Website is http://62.210.72.40/FR/ Enjoy Paris!

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 06:50 PM
elvira

The RER station is near Terminal 2 - the airport free bus stops at the station if you arrive at a different terminal.<BR><BR>The RER stops at St Michel, which is also a metro stop so you can change to the metro if need be to get to your hotel. There are taxis at the stop as well.<BR><BR>The RER also goes to the Luxembourg stop, which has no metro exchange. It's a bit further south than St Michel and might be closer to your hotel for walking. Not as many taxis, but you should be able to hail one fairly quickly.<BR><BR>AirFrance has a couple of buses, one goes to Gare Montparnasse (much further south than Luxembourg, but it might be closer to your hotel).