Reload this Page >

getting married in Italy/Florence/Firenze/Tuscany

Notices

Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got married May 31 in Florence. Civil ceremonies take place in the Palazzo Vecchio (former home of the Medici family) in the amazing Sala Rossa. The ceilings are very high and the tapestries on the walls are gorgeous. I had 60 guests come over for the event. Most of my guests stayed in apartments that were in two buildings about 5 minutes from each other on foot. The first is www.florenceapartmentrentals.net and the second www.sleepinginflorence.com (they are both owned by the same proprietor -- the fabulous Gianna Galeota. I can HIGHLY recommend planner Jo Bertolino at www.tuscanpledges.com I interviewed via email over 50 wedding planners there and Jo was so sweet, quick to respond and her prices were MUCH more reasonable than anyone else. She is half American/half Italian so communication was a breeze and she is quick to answer emails and is VERY thorough. She lives in Florence, but can handle weddings anywhere in Tuscany -- she arranged for my flowers, was my interpreter for the service (required), handled all the paperwork, found me a beautician for hair, makeup and nails. She can actually help with many more aspects of planning but before I contacted her, I already had my venue selected so she didn't help with the reception -- just the ceremony-- though I'm sure she would have done an excellent job if she had!! She was really a gem and helped calm me down when I was really nervous! If you do contact her, let her know that I referred you so she knows that word of mouth is her best source of advertising. My photographer was FABULOUS too -- http://www.tuscanyweddingsociety.com/ Lastly, I would highly recommend our villa where the reception was held (also owned by Gianna Galeota) http://villalefarnete.com/ -- they arranged for all the catering, wedding cake, decor, booze, dj, and even hired two private buses for my guests to get to and from Florence to the countryside. Everyone had a fabulous time -- especially me and my hubby! It was truly magical. Please if anyone needs advice or if I can answer anyone's questions, just email me [email protected]
Bianca
Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:58 PM

Hi bianca,
Sounds like a lovely wedding. Do you have any pictures to post? There was another bride on Fodors, a few years back, that also got married in Florence and she posted the most beautiful pictures. What a romantic spot! DH and I got married here in Colorado but honeymooned in Italy and spent time in Florence.
Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 04:16 PM
Original Poster

My professional photos won't be ready for another month but here is the link to the wedding video that a friend put together for me:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=bianca+shizen
and amateur pics from all our guests can be found here here: www.picasaweb.google.com/biancashizen
Thanks for choosing to ignore the other 2 posts of people who falsely accused me of advertising. It was just such a special event that I want to share it with others and only wish i could relive it over and over again. i guess i can through my video and photos -- but you know what i mean.
Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 04:27 PM

hi bianca,

Congrats on your recent wedding! The pictures are beautiful! I am dreaming now of having my wedding at the villa where you had yours.....but I need to get engaged first lol!!

Layla
Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 04:44 PM

Cento Anni! Congratulations! We went to gorgeous wedding a few years ago in Ravello...and yet when my daughter, who lives in Italy, decided to get married last summer, she wanted to have it here. And it was also fabulous!
Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 04:45 PM

You looked very beautiful. Congratulations.
Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 04:55 PM

You look beautiful, and it looks like it was such a happy and special day!

Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:17 PM

Yes, I wanted to say that you are a beautiful bride. God bless you both.

When my own daughter got married, she was completely immersed in wedding planning, so I understand your enthusiasm.

Please forgive those who suspected you; too many people come on this site to give fake accolades to their own businesses. It is so refreshing to find that you really did get married in Firenze!

The reception looks gorgeous, and it so wonderful that 60 people came to Florence for your wedding. I think you are off to a great start.
Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for all the nice compliments! It was really a dream and I'm glad you enjoyed the photos and video.
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 01:41 AM

Thank you for your story it sounds beautiful so beautiful that I contacted Jo to interpret at my son's wedding after reading this at the Sala Rossa. Again thanks for sharing