Reload this Page >

Getting from Paris to Nice...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 09:19 PM
Ellen

I would like to know if it behooves me to purchase an airticket in the states (for Paris to Nice) or if it is less expensive to wait and purchase overseas? Any suggestions?

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 08:17 AM
Rex

Need to find you that post with the website info on Air Liberte Express - - I would be surprised if the price varies from one country to the next, as far as where someone sells it.<BR><BR>Shouldn't - - if they are IATA - - and if they are not (which I wouldn't suppose) - - maybe not the best bet anyway.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 08:53 AM
cyndy

Take the train! Much easier and more fun. See the Rail Europe website for fares and schedules.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 08:55 AM
Marc David Miller

Often you can book flights such as this at the same time you buy your transatlantic ticket for a lower price than if you bought the two tickets separately.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 09:18 AM
Christina

I agree with the last post, to some degree--I buy from US but as an addon to the same carrier (Air France). It is very cheap that way. Some air fare prices do vary a lot depending on the country you buy them in, there was a recent thread or two on that topic. There are only two airlines I know of that fly from Paris to Nice, that is Air France and Air Lib Express. I don't know the restrictions on the latter tickets regarding adv. purchase, but you can buy them online, it appears, at www.airlibexpress.com for only about 40 euros one-way. I would not wait until I got to Paris to do that unless you have plenty of time between arrival and your flight -- days or weeks or something.<BR><BR>I have gone by train and flying, and I think flying is a lot more convenient and easier. Not to mention saves about 5-8 hours, and that airfare is probably quite a bit less than the train fare. The airport in Nice is only a few minutes from city center, it's very convenient.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 09:57 AM
Jim

Ellen,<BR>Check out Air Liberte that Rex mentioned. it is:<BR>http://www.air-liberte.fr/