Reload this Page >

Getting from Gatwick to Stansted...how?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2000, 11:42 AM
marc

can anyone offer advice on getting from Gatwick to Stansted? I have a flight arriving late in the evening to Gatwick and a flight leaving Stansted early the next morning. Would like to do the bulk of the travel that night and wake up semi-refreshed to hop aboard another plane on the next morning. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Old Jul 13th, 2000, 11:59 AM
xx

I think a bus would be the only option. A taxi is going to cost you more than $150. Check to see if Gatwick has a website--I would imagine bus information would be on there.

Old Jul 13th, 2000, 12:04 PM
Amy

I'm going to England this weekend and through my research, I agree w/ a bus. Taxi fares are very expensive. I don't know about subway.

Old Jul 13th, 2000, 12:45 PM
ron

There is a Hilton Hotel on the grounds of Stansted airport, so that is presumably where you would want to get to on your arrival evening. There are 3 options for the "getting to": <BR>1. pre-booked mini-cab, minimum £70 plus tip. <BR> <BR>2. airlink bus, as mentioned above, take about 2 hours and cost about £15. <BR> <BR>3. train to London Victoria,underground or taxi to London Liverpool Street, train to Stansted, again 2 hours plus and £20 to £30. <BR>

Old Jul 13th, 2000, 12:46 PM
Jane

I think the easiest way is to get the train to Victoria station in London (Gatwick Express?) then get the tube (or a taxi) to Liverpool Street station where the train to Stansted airport goes from. You could stay the night in a hotel at Stansted or in central London. I would imagine a taxi would cost an enormous amount of money as the two airports are a long distance apart.

Old Jul 13th, 2000, 12:52 PM
Diane

On your browser do a search on Stansted - you will find sites that reference your options.

Old Jul 13th, 2000, 05:28 PM
Tony

Marc.. <BR> <BR>Just do it Jane's way - it's by far the most sensible option.