Getting from CDG to 13th Arr

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2023, 05:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be arriving in Paris next week with my daughter. She is doing a study abroad this semester, and I'm taking advantage of the opportunity to do some site seeing! We will need to get from Charles de Gaulle to her foyer and my hotel in the 13th arr. with 3 large suitcases and two backpacks. Is our best bet a car service? If so, any recommendations as to particular ones?
Old Jan 12th, 2023, 06:46 PM

Taxi

You should be fine just going to the taxi queue once you have claimed your bags. There are almost always larger van type vehicles available that can accommodate your bags. Do not be taken in by the rogue gypsy cabs which may try to entice you, use only licensed cabs in the official queue. Fixed rate fare from CDG to the 13th (Rive Gauche or Left Bank of the Seine) is €60.
Old Jan 13th, 2023, 08:27 AM

It's actually 58, but I wouldn't want to bet that they are legally allowed to charge for the second trip. Which shouldn't be all that much, of course, if the two places are near each other. What I'm saying is that the flat rate would probably not cover multiple destinations and stops, I imagine.

That's still cheaper than car service would be.
Old Jan 13th, 2023, 08:34 PM

The taxi charge will be 58€ to the first stop, then whatever the metered fare is from there to the second stop. Based metered fares start at just under 7€. If the second address is not far from the first, expect the second address to add 10€ to 12€ to the fixed fare. Drivers are not tipped.
Old Jan 14th, 2023, 08:55 AM

Yep, always take the taxi rank.
Old Jan 14th, 2023, 09:06 AM

Even though it is not difficult to get a taxi, something we like to do on arrival is try to make getting from the airport to the apartment as easy and stress free as possible to get a good start to the vacation. We have used Victor’s Cabs 4 times and have been happy with them every time. On our last trip in 2019 it was nice to have the driver meet us outside baggage claim and take our luggage to the car for a quick uneventful ride into Paris.

Below is info from Victor’s Cabs. We did all communication by email.

Victor Cabs Paris

Paris, Versailles, Fontainebleau, Giverny, Normandy, Burgundy...

Email: [email protected]

Web: www.victorcabsparis.com

Victor's cells:

+33 662-793-118 or +33 659-837-318

Before leaving for the airport the driver will check the actual landing time of your plane. He will then wait after the luggage retrieval areaholding a card with your name.
Old Jan 15th, 2023, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for the advice. This is all very helpful! I think we'll take a taxi when we arrive and perhaps try making a reservation in advance with Victor Cab for my trip back to the airport, which will be very early in the morning.