Germany - Munich - Train and Underground

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an awesome Munich FlexiMap that shows the S-Bahn and U-Bahn stops.

I think I have figured it out and so I want to try both when I am there in November.

Here are my questions -

I have been down into the underground near the Hauptbahnhof but didn't see U-Bahn stops or trains. Was there another level that I missed? We mostly just shopped while there.

For the S-Bahn, are the stops for that on the street? I see the Hacker-Brucke stop on the map that appears to be on the street that goes over the tracks at the Hauptbahnhof but that is just my assumption since the map isn't 3-D.

Also, does anyone know how far a walk the Liam station is from Nymphenburg?

Thank you! With your help, this will be one of those firsts for me although I have been in Munich several times!
Old Aug 10th, 2009, 10:43 AM

>Was there another level that I missed?
The underground ans S-Bahn trains are on 2nd basement. Hard to miss because of all the escalators, you must habe been somewhere else?

>S-Bahn, are the stops for that
There is a tunnel between Hauptbahnhof and Ostbahnhof, the rest of the tracks are above ground. The Hackerbrücke station is under the Hackerbrücke (Hacker Bridge). The stairs will lead you onto the bridge.

>Liam station (Laim is correct spelling)
About 25min, just when the main road turns right, you have to go straight ahead, if not it'll be a huge detour.
Bus line #51 or #151 will take you there from Laim station (northbound)
Old Aug 10th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

logos999,

We exited the train station on the Arnulfstr. side and went down the steps. I remember escalators but we also got lost and my German mom and aunt were no help.

Do you buy the tickets for the S-Bahn and U-Bahn from the same box? Do you have to cancel both yourself? I am thinking that I want the ticket that lasts until 6:00 AM the next day so I won't have to remember to purchase tickets when going back to my destination. Does that sound right? What is that ticket called?
Old Aug 10th, 2009, 11:08 AM

>buy the tickets for the S-Bahn and U-Bahn from the same box?
Same tickets from same machine or kiosk. Laim station has 2 MVV ticket machines and one DB machine. You cancel the tickets yourself.

You want a Tageskarte (day ticket), Single or Partner. Both are valid until 6am the next day.

http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/de/home/f...ten/index.html
Old Aug 10th, 2009, 12:11 PM

When we visited Nymphenburg two years ago, we took Tram #17 from Karlsplatz. It was about a 15 minute ride, and dropped us off at the entrance to the driveway to Nymphenburg. We purchased an Innenraum Partner Pass (for my husband and me) from the vending machine for Euro 9,00, which we used all day to ride the trams and U-Bahn.

Robyn