Search

Germany

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 1998, 09:33 AM
Debbie Schnettler

Germany

Howdy, Leaving for Frankfort 4/16/98. From there to Leipzig, then Munich. Plan on spending 10 days. Never been......any advice ?

Old Apr 10th, 1998, 05:21 PM
John Grant

Never been to Leipzig, but have enjoyed Munich very much. Frankfurt is nothing. In Munich visit the Marien Platz, take a bus tour of the city, Nymphenburg Castle, and take the wonderful trains to other nearby places like Garmish-Partenkierke. Have lunch pr dinner at Weinhaus Nuen, one of the great German restuarants ( there aren't many !). Probably good idea to begin with the Bavarian National Museum to get your bearings.

Old Apr 10th, 1998, 06:53 PM
Rudy

After arriving in Frankfurt, you need to get out of the city. In a few short and easy hours , you can get to Rothenburg on der Tauber. "Great town." We stayed at the Goldener Hirsch. It was fantastic. From here hit the Romantic Strasse south to your destination.

Old Apr 10th, 1998, 06:53 PM
Rudy

After arriving in Frankfurt, you need to get out of the city. In a few short and easy hours , you can get to Rothenburg on der Tauber. "Great town." We stayed at the Goldener Hirsch. It was fantastic. From here hit the Romantic Strasse south to your destination.

Old Apr 10th, 1998, 06:54 PM
Rudy

Old Apr 11th, 1998, 08:48 AM
Bob Ricks

Agree with above. Go to Rothenburg. We stay at the Reichs Kuchenmeister. Nice, reasonable price. Take the night watchmens tour in English. No charge, Try to get to Bavaria. Do not spend too much time in Frankfurt. Email me if u want addl tips as we go there frequently and lived their in the Army.

Old Apr 13th, 1998, 11:24 AM
Lee

Debbie: I have not been to Leipzig, but I have been to Munich. As previously posted, There are many things to do in and around the city. You can take a drive to Garmisch, Ettal, Linderhof and Oberammergau. All well worth it and close to one another. As for Frankfurt, I disagree with previous posts. I lived and worked there for nearly three years and it's a great city. You can visit the Romer, St. Bartholomew's church, Hauptwache (main shopping area), the Opera, Sachsenhausen (personal favorite), etc. Rothenburg is pretty neat. "Touristy", but lovely. My wife and I went to Germany last summer for 10 days and if you'd like my trip notes, email me. Have fun!