German spa towns

Search

German spa towns

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
German spa towns

The Domina Park Hotel in Bad Kreuznach has "nursing center " attached to it's name. I do not know what to expect in spa towns in Germany. My wife and I would like to sit in a nice thermal pool and sit in a nice saunThe hotels in the spa towns like the one I mentioned have these amenities - are they less for the old and sick and more for the guest. And what would we encounter at the Kurhaus in a town like Bad Kreuznach. Thank you
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 07:18 AM

Don't know but i'd strongly look at Baden-Baden, one of Europe's oldest spa towns - you have all the things you're looking for plus a very pleasant park-like town to loll around in. Also a good base for short trips to Strasbourg, Freibourg and Black Forest, Heidelberg, etc.
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 08:42 AM

There are two good spas in Berlin. Therman at Europa Center has an indoor/outdoor swimming pool, ten saunas, 4 warm pools and two cold pools. Almost all men and women are nude. Blub is the other one. It is located south of the city.
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 09:05 AM

My understanding of spas is that they are not necessarily for the old and sick. There was a time when people would go to a spa for a month, to relax and escape the stress of their lives.

There are some whose purpose is to treat some specific ailment, but I wouldn't hesitate to go to one just to relax.
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 09:09 AM

I've read that one reason Germany has so many spas is that many workers, maybe all, are guaranteed a few weeks stay in spas at government or employer expense and of course they take it - maybe not correct but i've read this several times. Controversial policy with German industry/social welfare network needing to reduce costs to remain competitive. Already i think stats show Germans work the least of any country per year - even a high productivity can't offset the perhaps too ample vacations in this day and age. Where's Karl Marx when we really need him?