German RVO buses, help please.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to know if there is a bus that runs from Berchtesgaden to Garmisch Partenkirchen or Mittenwald? I am not having much luck understanding the site with my very limited German.

One thought is to get back to Salzburg and catch a train to Hall in Tirol, locker our bags and have some lunch and a walk around, then continue on to Mittenwald. However I would like to just check out other options for the journey.

Thanks in advance.

Old Jun 13th, 2008, 07:04 PM

Hi Maudie, Can you post the link to the website and I can help you read it.
Kind regards
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 08:01 PM

Use the Bahn.de site in English to check connections:

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

There are various bus/train connections from Berchtesgaden to Garmisch Partenkirchen.

Regards, Gary
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Original Poster

Hi Lavanula, thank you for your offer.
www.rvo-bus.de is the site.
I have clicked on fahrplan und regionales on the top left and then used the drop down to put in Berchtesgaden but was stumped after that. I know your can get a PDF of different routes as I already have one bookmarked for the 9606 bus that serves around the Garmisch area. I would be very grateful of your help.

Gary_Mc I have been using the Die Bahn site but just wondered if there was another form of transport that doesn't show up on there. But thanks for the suggestion.
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 06:21 AM

Maudie,

I think all of the RVO buses show up on the Bahn schedules, and if you use more-> after Means of transport and select only buses, the Bahn site comes back with a "no route was found" message. I didn't find anything on the RVO website either, but it's not that I don't understand the German (I do enough), there isn't anything - and the site is not so easy to use, regardless of language.

Your fastest (4hr 40min), although not as scenic route, would be through Munich via Freilassing. The route through Hall would take several hours longer.
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

Larry, thanks for your reply. I spent some more time last night on the RVO site and came to the same conclusion. But that's ok, we are happy to spend time on the train relaxing. Thanks also for the heads up on the Die Bahn site re the buses, I shall stick to that in future.

Thank you all for your help.
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 12:27 AM

Hi Maudie, I have investigated the website and cannot find a bus to link Berchtesgaden with Garmisch. I did find a bus from Bad Tölz to Garmisch and Mittenwald (Linie 9612, Tagesticket 8,50E), although you would still have to get from Berchtesgaden to Bad Tölz, also not a direct connection. I think that Garmisch is too far outside the small region that the RVO seems to cover (Oberbayern). If anyone else can help from here, please do.

Kind regards
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for taking the time to look for me Lavanula, that was very kind of you. Looks like we will have to stick to the train, it was just on an off chance that I thought we might strike it lucky. Guess you never know if you don't ask. By the way I love your name!