Genoa to Rapallo?

Aug 4th, 2007, 06:02 PM
annieladd

Genoa to Rapallo?

Just a short time until we leave for our first trip to Italy, and I'm starting to get nervous about some of the logistics. So, please help if you can. We arrive at the Genoa airport and need to get to the Hotel Italia e Lido in Rapallo.
- How do I get from the airport to the train station? Taxi or bus? And which train station am I looking for? (I presume the train is best to Rapallo, not bus..)
- What's the procedure for buying tickets (both the bus to the station and train)?
- When we get to Rapallo, do we walk to hotel, taxi, bus??

I'm sorry if these questions sound silly, I'm sure once we get acclimated we'll be fine, just want to be prepared this first day, since of course we'll be exhausted from long flight.

And, one other non-related question. We fly to from US to CDG to Genoa. Do we have to pick up luggage at CDG and go through customs, or do they just move our luggage for us to the next plane, and we only handle the luggage and customs once we get to Genoa?

Thanks, annieladd

Aug 4th, 2007, 08:06 PM

Here's a link for Genova Airport website, English version, public transportation:
http://www.airport.genova.it/pagine/mezzipubblici.asp

It says you can take a bus (buy the tickets on board, schedule is shown) which costs 4 Euros/person to the Piazza Principe train station; under taxis it indicates there is a fixed fare of 7 Euros per person with a minimum of 3 persons.

At Genova Piazza Principe Station you can buy a ticket from a machine (English is a language choice) or at a window. It is such a short distance, just take the Regionale train for which there are no reservations. Stamp your ticket in the yellow machines at the beginning of the tracks. You can see schedules at www.trenitalia.com Put in "Genova Piazza Principe" and "Rapallo".

You can map the route to your hotel on www.viamichelin.com which shows the distance is .6km

The rail station is just north and west of the hotel's location on the hotel's website:
http://www.italiaelido.com/italia/mappa.htm
Aug 4th, 2007, 08:29 PM

On the hotel's website, under "car hire" there are three listings for "Car Hire with Driver", one of which has a link:
http://www.rissotaxiserraricco.it/indexingl.html

According to viamichelin, the distance from Cristoforo Columbo Airport to your hotel in Rapallo is 39 km. If the websites stated rate of .9Euro/km is correct, that would be a fare of about 35.1 Euro. It might not be all that much more expensive to have a car service take you directly from the airport to your hotel rather than mess around with public transport and taxis. You could contact these folks directly, or ask your hotel for a quote to arrange a transfer service.
Aug 5th, 2007, 07:44 AM
annieladd

Lovisa, thank you!! I'll check with the hotel. annieladd

Aug 5th, 2007, 08:00 AM

Hello annie
Don't woory From airport there is the "volabus" go to Genova Pricipe
train station from There buy the ticket in office train to Rapallo
you have many train no problem
I don't know where is located the hotel but from the station there are tazi and bus
good stay
mino
from vernazza 5 terre