Search

Gay Paree

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 05:25 PM
Oscar Wilde

Gay Paree

I heard that there are a lot of homos/lesbiens in Paris--will I be comfortable there?

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 06:08 PM
Jennifer

I don't know what constitutes a lot for you, but I definitely think it is gay-friendly. There is a wealth of information on gay hotels (erotic and non-erotic ones) gay personal guides, nightclubs, and well, about everything! I've also seen men walking hand-in-hand and no one blinks. Obviously, there is prejudice everywhere, and I'm certain there must be some troublemakers somewhere in Paris, but by and large, it is very gay friendly, from what I know.<BR><BR>I hope you're comfortable there -- it's simply the most beautiful city in the world (to me)!!<BR><BR>Jennifer

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Jennifer

Timeout is also a very good source with a lot of great info:<BR><BR>http://www.timeout.com/paris/gay/index.html

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Jennifer

Whoops! Fred's message didn't appear before I wrote mine. See, now two of us recommend Timeout.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 07:19 PM
MamaMia

Depends. Are you comfortable with gays and lesbians in the USA, or wherever you're from? Seems like other posters are assuming you're gay yourself. I'm assuming the opposite. Paris is full of bohemian creatures of all decriptions, and its artistic reputation has long relied on them for its verve. If you're looking for pablum, Paris ain't a good choice of destinations. If you're open to new experiences, it is. They won't all be gay experiences - I'd bet there are things that go on in Paris that have nothing to do with sexuality that might unsettle a tourist. But please, there are a ton of gays and lesbians in any big American city - do you stay away from traveling in America for fear your fragile psyche might be offended?<BR><BR>Let's just start by saying you might want to stay out of the Marais - ooo! la la! it would be far too exotic for you. See if you can handle the Impressionists at the Mus&eacute;e d'Orsay first, and then move on.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 07:19 PM
mimi taylor

Shame on you Oscar, you know with your reputation you will have no trouble getting into the inner circles. I'm glad your trials are over, we'll most likely see each other again..mde.x<BR>

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 07:20 PM
MamaMia

Depends. Are you comfortable with gays and lesbians in the USA, or wherever you're from? Seems like other posters are assuming you're gay yourself. I'm assuming the opposite. Paris is full of bohemian creatures of all decriptions, and its artistic reputation has long relied on them for its verve. If you're looking for pablum, Paris ain't a good choice of destinations. If you're open to new experiences, it is. They won't all be gay experiences - I'd bet there are things that go on in Paris that have nothing to do with sexuality that might unsettle a tourist. But please, there are a ton of gays and lesbians in any big American city - do you stay away from traveling in America for fear your fragile psyche might be offended?<BR><BR>Let's just start by saying you might want to stay out of the Marais - ooo! la la! it would be far too exotic for you. See if you can handle the Impressionists at the Mus&eacute;e d'Orsay first, and then move on.<BR><BR>And while you're at it, if this is such an issue for you, please, please use the correct spelling - lesbiAns.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 11:37 AM
xxx

John: did you accept? Just curious...you must be hot!