Search

Gatwick Hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 11:58 AM
Marti

Gatwick Hotels?

We are looking for a hotel near Gatwick just for the night before we travel back to the US. (We are coming in from Edinburgh the day before we leave from LGW.) We are a party of 12 so economics is always a factor; however, we want a nice place to stay, nothing under a 3*. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 12:20 PM
lisa

hiya! <BR>there is a hilton hotel just there at the south terminal of LGW..nothing fancy ..just your basic hilton..but very convinient. <BR>hope this helps!

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 12:28 PM
jeannine

You can walk from the hilton right into the terminal. It convenient. Check Hilton's website for a rate.

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 06:45 AM
Marti

Thank you! Sounds perfect.

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 12:09 PM
Ken Horn

Marti- I stayed at the Ibis Hotel near Gatwick in October. It is about 4 miles from the airport. It was 49 pounds (39 on Sat and Sun). It is almost brand new. The rooms are sparce but they have more TV channels than the Hilton. I stayed at the Hilton in September. It was over 100 pounds. Of course the Hilton is close. You walk out of your room and are at the airlines checkin counter within 5 to 10 minutes, depending on which terminal your flight leaves from. <BR>You must ride a bus to and from the IBIS. With 12 people you could easily take 3 taxies for the same price as the bus. Of course if you have cars, keep the cars overnite and drive back to Gatwick. So now you have an option with different prices. At any rate, call as early as you can to get the best rates, especially at the Hilton. Be sure to specify smoking or not, get a fax of your reservation, and take it with you. The Hilton tried to charge more when I checked out but I had a FAX of the reservation with the rate so they (unhappily) reduced my rate. <BR>Enjoy Edinburgh- <BR>