Up in Arms!!!

Dec 28th, 2000, 11:23 AM
jeffries

Up in Arms!!!

Fodorites,
Is it just me, or are all airports in Europe as archaic as Charles DG? I'm not a seasoned traveler like most on this message board, but in my opinion CDG is a poor first and last impression of Paris. Oh! By the way. I love Paris and the surrounding area. It was just the airport that had me up in arms. Viva la France!

Dec 28th, 2000, 11:24 AM
Jurgen

You can't get much worse that JFK.

Dec 28th, 2000, 11:37 AM
mt

Parts of Heathrow (London) are pretty bad also.

Dec 28th, 2000, 11:40 AM
chicago

Airpot in France was bad but I would have to say my hometown airport of O'hare is much worsr (hate to go there and fly from midaway anytime I can) A close second would be Atlanta, I would say CDG would be in my top 5 worst though!

Dec 28th, 2000, 12:05 PM
Lesli

Ever been to SFO? NO public transit conmnections, horrendous on-time record, etc., etc. A new International terminal is about to open, but no additional runway, which is what is needed.

O'Hare is also a nightmare. Have not enjoyed connections in Frankfurt or Berlin much, either. (Long shuttle bus rides, and walking on the tarmack in the snow to board....) Comparatively speaking, I didn't think CDG was bad!

Dec 28th, 2000, 12:23 PM
stacey

OKay - Logan anyone? If the terminals themselves aren't bad enough, has anyone tried leaving the airport lately? I'm from just outside of Boston and it's all I can do to get back on the MassPike. I can only imagine what it must be like for a 'foreigner' to try to get of the airport!

Dec 28th, 2000, 12:35 PM
elvira

Logan is a great airport when not under construction; of course, it's *always* under construction (good subway connections, though). Even Boston cabbies look scared when you mention "take me to the airport".

JFK is a great airport when not under construction; of course, it's *always* under construction (ever try to tell someone where you'll meet them?)

CDG is pretty bad; I'm used to it so I tend not to notice (transport via the RER is pretty easy, though).

I wish I could remember the airport I was in about a year ago - tiny room in the basement for checkin, wet floors from leaks, broken plastic chairs - blocked the location completely from my mind.

Supposedly it's been fixed up, but the last time I was in Pittsburgh's airport, it was pretty bad.