Gate 1 vs. Gotoday?

Jul 7th, 2006, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Gate 1 vs. Gotoday?

Anyone use both and can comment on pros and cons?
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:25 AM

For what? Tours? Hotels? Flights?
Aug 30th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

Right now I'm jonesing for a trip to Eastern Europe--air and hotel. Any other comparable budget tour companies?
Aug 30th, 2006, 10:01 AM

Leonora: Hello. We've used both companies, Gotoday for a trip to Prague which included air and hotel only and Gate 1 for a "guided tour" of Greece and Turkey. On the Gate 1 trip last year we found out that we are definitely NOT tour people, prefer to do things on our own and didn't really care for the choice of hotels that Gate 1 offered, too far from town to do any independent exploring for the most part and several were not very nice. The trip to Prague from Gotoday included air and hotel, with a wide selection of hotels to choose from and breakfast daily which was a great deal. So, hope this helps, it will all depend on what you're looking for in your trip, tour or independent. Have a wonderful time.
Susan
Aug 30th, 2006, 10:25 AM

My family and I have used GoToday for two trips, a week in Dublin and a 10-day London-Paris-Rome trip. We are also using them for a trip to London in December. I have been quite pleased with their service. I can't comment on Gate 1.
Aug 30th, 2006, 10:32 AM

We have used GOTODAY 3 times and are booked for a fourth. We are very pleased with the choice of hotels they offer. You can also call them and arrange for other hotels that might not be offered on the web site as well as Air arrangements. We have found that they are always MUCH cheaper than I could arrange myself for the same flight and Hotel
Aug 30th, 2006, 10:37 AM

We used Goahead vacations for a trip to Eastern Europe. Prague, Vienna and Budapest. 3 nights in each. The first day in each city an included tour and then you could go on your own.
We enjoyed it very much even though we are independent travelers it was the best of both.
Aug 30th, 2006, 10:44 AM

We've used Go-today for several trips....the hotel/air combo. Paris 3 times Rome & Prague.
Very happy with the selection & service!