Reload this Page >

Gamirasu Cave Hotel in Cappadocia treated us like Sultans

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 12:38 AM
Kim Giovaco

If you want to be treated like a sultan or sultana while in Cappadocia, Turkey (for an extremely reasonable price), Gamirasu Cave Hotel in the back door village of Ayvali is not to be missed. Across from the hotel the village women bake bread twice weekly in an outdoor community oven. Each room is unique and appealingly decorated in the Turkish style... <BR>You may have a look at their web site: www.gamirasu.com and e-mail: [email protected]

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 12:43 AM
Orhan Nazlisöz; Isabelle Winter

We also have stayed in Gamirasu in 2000, May and it was one of my best accomodations I've ever had in Kapadokya and I can even say in whole Turkey. The place is a combination of history, nature, unspoilt local charm and very very warm welcome by the personnel. I will always remember Gamirasu and their people and hope to have more holidays there. Special thanks for running this place professionally in harmony with the local atmosphere. During my stay I felt more like staying in one of my relatives

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 12:46 AM
Paule

We had a WONDERFUL time in Turkey... I can't tell you enough how grateful we were to have Suleyman as a guide/agent/friend; he really did make the trip for us. Although we loved everything, Cappadocia was definitely the highlight. We stayed in Gamirasu, in Ayvali, Suleyman's cousin's hotel, and staying in that town was truly an experience. A VERY small town-- when you walk outside, you are entertainment for everyone: kids come running up to you, the men all insist that you have tea...it made Urgup seem like a large, impersonal city! <BR>

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 12:48 AM
Jane Sheldon Hart

We travelled independently to Turkey in May, 2001...We would like to particularly recommend to ITN readers two stops<BR>along the way. The first was at the Gamirasu Cave Hotel in a small town<BR>not far from Urgup. Gamirasu is the only hotel in this otherwise very<BR>quiet and typical Turkish town. The cave rooms were fun and because of<BR>the non-commercial nature of the town, both breakfast and dinner were<BR>included in the very reasonable price. The food, by the way, was<BR>excellent - very fresh and much of it, like eggs from local farmers'<BR>hens, a special treat. The staff was extremely nice as well as helpful<BR>in tour planning. We had our own car and did our sightseeing ourselves.<BR>However, for those without transportation, sightseeing excursions were arranged and airport transportation was provided. Gamirasu more than deserved the star it received in travel guide book as an outstanding choice!!! <BR>

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Maeve

I would absolutely recommend staying at he Gamirasu Cave Hotel in Cappadocia. I visited there in May with 2 friends and we honestly didn't want to leave! We too stayed for 4 days and deeply regretted not allowing ourselves more time. The Gamirasu Cave Hotel is so comfortable, peaceful and relaxing Suleyman took us to the Ihlara Valley and a Krater Lake - ask him to take you to both places. He is a brilliant guide and as a local of course knows all there is to know!

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Patrick

Does anyone else suspect that this entire thread along with the other one like it about the same hotel is a total scam? Isn't it funny that all these people with supposedly real names just happened upon this site and happened to post about this hotel. Meanwhile I've never seen any other posts from any of these same people anywhere else on Fodor's, including on any of the other current threads about Turkey and even specifically Cappadocia.<BR>This is very similar to a series of favorable comments about a hotel in Istanbul a couple of years ago, which I booked. Then when I did a little more research I found that it was nothing like these posts made it out to be, and that the "posters" were not real at all, except for one whom I actually contacted through his real listed email address and found out that he had not posted. The hotel had apparently written a "recommendation" from him because he had stayed there. This guy had never even heard of Fodor's, yet here was a glowing recommendation from him for a hotel that he found only "satisfactory".<BR>This may be eligible for an award for "creative advertising."

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 12:56 PM
jahoulih

You're right, of course, Patrick, except that there are four of these threads, not two.

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 01:04 PM
xxx

yea, and my favorite part is this Jane Sheldon Hart who must be in either the US or Canada (isn't that the only place they have web tv?) who just happened to be sitting up at 4:48 in the morning and saw this post just 10 minutes after it was first posted, but had already gained two additional posts in that first 10 minutes! This hotel must be exceptional.

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 04:17 PM
Paule

I don't know what's going on here-- I have praised Suleyman and the Gamirasu hotel numerous times here, Patrick, so I'm not a stranger to Fodors. But the recent posts have been lifted from earlier postings of mine, and are definitely being done without my permission. I have never been in the business of promotion, I've only freely shared my positive experiences, so these series of threads disturb me a lot. This use of my posts and, I assume, others, is completely unethical. I don't know who is behind it, but I don't like it at all.