galway help

Nov 28th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Original Poster

galway help

hi

After thinking about Dingle, my wife and I are going to try and take the rail to Galway from Dublin for 3days/2nites and hope to stay at St Martins(great reviews)on Dec 20th. Any suggestions for Galway at that time of year? My wife and i are here for a work assignment(she is, not me

thanks
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:17 AM

Well during the limited daylight you can still visit the Connemara one of Ireland's most striking natural and Gaellic-speaking areas on the coast not far from town

There is bus service i believe though would be better by car

Galway itself is normally a lively university city but most of the academics may be gone by then
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:29 AM

Ferries to the Aran Islands may be running from Galway (I know they stop from Doolin in inclement weather, but the Galway trip is shorter). That would make a lovely daytrip! Climbing up Dun Aengosa is an experience not to be missed.
Nov 28th, 2007, 02:02 PM

If you like oysters, there's this little place just outside Galway called Moran's Oyster Cottage in Kilcogan, Galway. If I remember correctly, they hail themselves as "the oyster capital of the world".
Nov 29th, 2007, 12:31 AM

If IrishRail doesn't work out, you could take a CityLink Bus nonstop Dublin-Galway. CityLink's stop in Galway is about 150m from the main Bus & Rail station.
Check their website for skeds and prices: http://www.citylink.ie