Reload this Page >

From Sorrento to Orvieto

Search

From Sorrento to Orvieto

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Kari

From Sorrento to Orvieto

We're leaving later this week for a 16 day trip to Italy and I think I have it all planned out, thanks to all the help I've received from this travel talk forum. But I am afraid I may have made a mistake by trying to get from Sorrento to Orvieto in one day. Can anyone advise on the best way to do that without a car? And how long should we expect that trip to take?<BR><BR>Many thanks!<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Tom

Check out www.viamichelin.com. very helpful planning routes and travel times.<BR><BR>

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 10:32 PM
Vincenzo

Kari,<BR>without a car, the train is good enough.<BR>From Sorrento Circumvesuviana at 08.52, you arrive at Naples 09.57.<BR>Then at the train station Napoli Centrale, upstairs, Train IC departure time 10.21, without change train, you arrive at Orvieto 13.48.<BR>Have a nice trip.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 08:38 AM
barb

I made the same trip last Oct. Left Sorrento after breakfast and arrived in Orvieto around 6:00 p.m. So, it is a long day, but the views from the train were great. Circumvesuviana from Sorrento to Naples, Eurostar from Naples to Rome. Not sure what kind of train from Rome to Chuisi (sp) where we had to get on another train to Orvieto.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 09:59 AM
uhoh

I'd take Vincenzo's advice!