Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How warm should I dress for Paris in April?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 04:11 PM
tj

I know layering is the way to go, but I just don't want to be too hot or too cold. I have a raincoat and umbrella- does it pour there? Any help will be apreciated. Thanks

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 04:15 PM
sandra

I was in paris last april from the 10th to the 25th and we had all kinds of weather but warm. I t was cold damp rainy drizzly but most of all it was paris and it was glorious. bring too many clothes and just adjust day by day hour by hour

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 05:28 PM
Diana

I was in Paris last year in mid-April. A couple of days were pretty nice, but other days were cold and rainy. I find that a nice coat which is fairly wind resistant (most raincoats are) and a fleece jacket or sweater underneath seem to work well. I would have killed for a pair of gloves last year and wish I'd taken a scarf to wrap around my head and over my ears. I didn't freeze but thought I was going to a couple of times -- especially when I was up in the Eiffel towere and it started sleeting. So this year, I'll take my gloves and a light scarf and probably won't need them.

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 05:33 PM
WJD

In April be ready for ANYTHING. You have about a 50-50 chance of decent weather, but up to now, this year, rain and cold has been the norm.

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 07:12 AM
Statia

I was in Paris in April and mostly wore jeans, sweaters and hiking shoes, along with a light fleece jacket. I had also been told by a friend who lives there to always have an easily foldable rain coat with a hood in my backpack. I was glad that I heeded his advice.<BR><BR>You probably won't have much need for summer or spring type clothing, but make SURE you have comfortable walking shoes. You will be amazed at how much you will walk and enjoy it.<BR><BR>Have fun!

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 10:15 AM
Fred

First, forgert the song "April in Paris." It can be really cold and nasty in April. As always, it will be changeable and unpredictable. Could be mild, cold, very cold, nasty, windy, rainy, so bring layers to put on or take off and umbrellas&Eacute;always umbrellas.For more Paris information e-mail me: [email protected]

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Rex

The April weather in Paris is similar to that in Montreal, even though Montreal is further south (45 N) than Paris (49 N). Everything from snow to 70 degrees is possible. Including POURing rain.<BR><BR>See www.worldclimate.com for further details.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 02:45 PM
checktheweather

check the weather on weather.com. It gives you a 10 forecast. If you check the day you pack you can avoid bring unneccesary things you will not wear.<BR><BR>When I went to Paris in May last year it was 70-80% everyday, NOT what we had banked on, and we ended up in the Gap looking for short sleeves shirts on sale.<BR><BR>

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 07:34 AM
ttt

ttt<BR>

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Norma

Well, here's the thing about what to do about the capricious month of April: If you get too hot, go back to your hotel and change into something cooler. If you don't have anything, buy it. If it rains a lot, buy a cheap umbrella and give it to your chamber maid before you go home. If it gets cold, buy a nice sweater. You know you want to shop! Don't fret about it. Just have a good time.<BR><BR>Best