From daVinci Airport to Rome

Feb 28th, 2003, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

From daVinci Airport to Rome

What is the easiest, cheapest, most convenient way to get from the airport to Rome, via Viminali (not too far from Termini Stazione?
Feb 28th, 2003, 02:13 PM
GAC

Take the Leonardo da Vinci Express train from the Fiumicino Airport Train Station. Departures every 30 minutes, 365 days per year, from early morning to late evening. Fare is 8.80 Euros. Travel time 31 minutes. Schedules at

www.trenitalia.com
Enter: "Roma Aeroporto" for departure
and "Roma Termini" for arrival

From Termini Station to via Viminale, you can walk (if your luggage has rollers).
Feb 28th, 2003, 02:56 PM
GAC

From Fiumicino Airport to Termini Train Station, the first train leaves at 6:37. The last train at 23.37. Trains leave at 30 minute intervals, year round.
Feb 28th, 2003, 03:25 PM

Any advice on the cheapest way, even if it is slow? Flights from the US often arrive before your hotel is ready so why rush? That's why I take the local train from Gatwick, the tube from Heathrow.
Feb 28th, 2003, 03:36 PM

Derek, The train is the cheapest way. Taxi's are a minimum of $35 US. If you arrive at a hotel and they don't have the room ready, they'll hold your luggage and you can wander around Rome rather than being on transporation. Taxi's can often be stuck in traffic at that time of the morning and the fee keeps going up.
Feb 28th, 2003, 04:14 PM

there is a car service called limoservicerome.....they have a website-

www.limoservicerome.com --they pick up at airport and deliver you at your hotel- same price as cab ride, only clean Mercedes with english speaking driver....

we use them all the time--

email Andrea-he is the main contact person....
Mar 1st, 2003, 07:23 AM
Original Poster

GAC and all: Thanks so much for your quick replies. I tied to respond last night there seems to be a problem with either my ISP or this website. Anyway, maybe you could also help me with this problem: Easiest way to get to the Turin airport from Strada Cebrosa (Comfort Inn) for a 6:30AM flight (guess I'd have to be there by 4:00AM).
Thanks much!
Mar 1st, 2003, 07:55 AM
Gino

nolwood,
The turin city airport is about 10 miles from your hotel. At that early time in the morning, you will need a cab,if you are lucky enough to get one that early.

Mar 1st, 2003, 08:32 AM

nolwood: Check with the manager at the Comfort Inn. He may be able to arrange someone to take you to the airport this early. There were 2 occations that we had to leave and catch an early flight, the hotel manager's nephew took us in his private car and we paid him.
Mar 3rd, 2003, 02:45 AM

We had been using train from airport which is fast and inexpensive. But last time in Rome six of us got a van at the airport for 10 Euros directly to hotel. It was nice to directly to hotel instead of getting to the train station and having to haul luggage thru the taxi thing. Just another option.