Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

From Algarve(Portugal) to Sevilla ( Spain)

Old Dec 13th, 1999, 07:40 AM
Claudia

Can I go by train from Algarve to Sevilla ?
How long is it ?

Thanks

Cláudia

Old Dec 13th, 1999, 07:49 AM
FrankR

No, you must get the train to the border (Villa Real) then get a bus on the Spanish side
(Ayamonte) to Seville, takes about 2
hours, comfortable bus, air conditioning and TV!The crossing used to be by ferry, now there is a bridge too.You have to find the bus station in Ayamonte to buy a ticket (at the market sq.)then find the bus.(ask-it may be some distance-I think they may be building a new bus station)CARE there is an hour's time difference at the border.
CARE the bus goes further, be careful to get off at Seville!cheers

Old Dec 13th, 1999, 08:17 AM
Claudia

Thanks for your answer in fodors Frank.

Is Villa Real in Portugal or Spain ?
Can I have problems to buy tickets in the next April ?
Is there someway easier to arrive in Sevilla from Portugal ?

Thanks

Cláudia
from Brasil

Old Dec 18th, 1999, 01:49 PM
susie

My parents recently took the bus from Faro to Seville - with a change I think at Huelva (same station) I think the bus left Faro around noon and they arrived in Seville around 7pm. One hout time change. I think there may be a bus or a train once a week from Faro to Seville without a change.
there were details about this posted some time back on this site - around July / august so try to look back.

Old Dec 18th, 1999, 02:03 PM
susie

look at train travel Spain to Portugal which I brought to the top.

Old Dec 20th, 1999, 09:59 AM
Jeanie

There is a bus that runs between Sevilla and Lagos. The one we took was almost non-stop. It ended up being really nice, we didn't have to transfer at all. I think it took 4 hours. There is a bus terminal in lagos that has all the of the bus schedules posted and there is usually someone who speaks English there to help you out. The bus was air conditioned and comfortable too. but be prepared, the bus stopped once for a bathroom break and it was 3.5 hours into the trip.