Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone know if Wengen, Switz. is open in April?

Feb 27th, 1999, 10:32 PM
amy

Help!-In April I have the opportunity to return to one of my all-time favorite places on earth, Wengen, but I read where Gimmelwald is April thru June. Any one know how I can find out whether there are any alpine village open in April? Also, suggestions where to stay?
Thanks for your help!!

Feb 27th, 1999, 10:37 PM
amy

Oops! Typo! I read where Gimmelwald is closed April thru June. I don't want to make my way to the alps in April only to find the best spots are closed!?

Feb 27th, 1999, 10:37 PM
amy

Oops! Typo! I read where Gimmelwald is closed April thru June. I don't want to make my way to the alps in April only to find the best spots are closed!?

Feb 27th, 1999, 10:38 PM
amy

Mar 5th, 1999, 10:03 PM
Chris

I will be in that area myself in April and was wondering the exact same thing. I was considering staying in Wengen and when I got on a Swiss website, I noticed that many of the hotels/B&B's were closed in April. So, we opted to stay in Interlaken, though not as charming, I understand, it will have more open and available to us. But, I'd like to spend some time in Wengen and other small, charming Swiss villages while there if they're not shut down. So, I'm bringing this question back up for the wisdom of all you experienced travellers out there!

Mar 6th, 1999, 09:55 AM
richard j. vicek

Good afternoon, Amy
Check the following URL,s for additional
infomation on Swiss hotels and Wengen,
I beleive some are closed, others are
open, have only been thru there in Summmer.
www.swisshotels.ch/
www.hotelguide.ch/ (search for city
and all hotel listings in both url's.)
also
www.wengen.ch and
www.berneroberland.ch/
Good surfing, Richard of Hickory Hills, IL.....

Mar 12th, 1999, 07:29 PM
amypack

Thanks, Richard of Hickory Hills, IL!. I'll check your web sites out.

Chris--in looking at some travel books, I haven't found anything that says Wengen is closed. Many of the hotels I saw listed indicated they were open in April. Take heart, don't give up and I'll look for you on the quiet streets of this wonderful and scenic little village!

Mar 12th, 1999, 07:30 PM
amypack

Chris--in looking at some travel books, I haven't found anything that says Wengen is closed. Many of the hotels I saw listed indicated they were open in April. Take heart, don't give up and I'll look for you on the quiet streets of this wonderful and scenic little village!

Mar 12th, 1999, 07:30 PM
amypack

Mar 12th, 1999, 07:31 PM
amypack

Mar 12th, 1999, 07:32 PM
amypack

Mar 12th, 1999, 07:32 PM
amypack

Mar 12th, 1999, 07:33 PM
amypack

Mar 12th, 1999, 07:34 PM
amypack

Mar 14th, 1999, 07:47 AM
richard j. vicek

Good morning, Amy
Just a note thanks for your many thanks..Richard of Hickory Hills. IL

Dec 20th, 1999, 10:35 AM
Clare

http://home.sunrise.ch/aregez

The ski season will still be in operation hopefully, depending on the snow situation....Easter is late this year (23) so there will still be some people around, and afew hotels and chalets open. Skiing opportunities and winter hiking trails, and tobagganing and skating possibilities also. But soon after Easter the village will start sowing down, to off season until mid- MAY. We eccept bookings all year round.
Hope this of help.