French Riviera May or October?

Feb 23rd, 2001, 11:33 AM
Mags

French Riviera May or October?

Planning a 2 wk trip to this area either Oct2001 or May2002. We enjoy sight seeing, restaurants, driving our own rental car to interesting sights like the mountain villages etc. Recommendations?

Feb 23rd, 2001, 01:24 PM
clairobscur

You should have a more glorious weather in may.

Feb 23rd, 2001, 01:35 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Hello Mags, May is the choice---the flowers are magnifico ! Given 2 weeks I would add either Provence or the Lakes of Italy to your itinerary. You can do most of the Cote d'Azur in a week

Feb 24th, 2001, 10:05 AM
Judith

Not knowing where on the riviera you are considering.....You may need to check the dates but I believe the Cannes film festival is at the end of May or early June. It might be fun or more difficult on certain reservations.

Feb 24th, 2001, 10:15 AM
Ursula

Mags: Definitely May. October can be very nasty and coldish already. Don't Miss the Fondation Maeght (beautiful modern art) in St. Paul de Vence (very nice little village) and maybe a meal at the "Colombe d'Or" next to a Picasso painting (or just a glass of wine on main square watching the local men play "pétanque". Go to any food street market (i.e.in Aix-en-Provence or Toulon) and watch, smell, taste and buy some of the delicious fruit or so, ok?

Feb 24th, 2001, 02:27 PM
Mags

Thanks for the info. Actually we are thinking of staying in one place.(time share exchange still to be confirmed)
Hopefully it will be available. In the meantime practicing my French!!!!!