Reload this Page >

French Experience

Search

French Experience

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 1999, 06:31 PM
daisy

French Experience

Does anyone have any experience traveling to Paris with The French Experience trip consolidators. I am thinking about booking a package from the Company for my first trip to Paris in September. Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Old Mar 17th, 1999, 11:33 PM
Donna

This is a reliable outfit. When you add up what's included, it's slighly more than what you'd pay if you made all the arrangements yourself, but it's a very reasonable package when you consider that all of the arrangements are handled for you.

Old Mar 17th, 1999, 11:34 PM
Donna

P.S. In the alternative, you could check out the Trafalgar "Free and Easy Paris" package.

Old May 17th, 1999, 09:59 AM
debbie

Daisy- Wasn't going to comment but feel I should tell you about my NEGATIVE experience with these folks. I had same good thoughts about this company as Donna- at least I thought this way when I booked my Fr Ex (French Experience) trip last June '98 for early Aug. trip. <BR> <BR>Three weeks before departure my two year old son was diagnosed with cancer. Immediately our oncology team advised cancelling our trip and they wrote a letter to Fr Ex for us. I, of course called, but they were not willing to give us all our money back. My husband and I spoke with one owner(of many)who had received the medical letter and my personal, heartfelt fax. He had absolutely ZIPPO simpathy and we were shocked when we were speaking he hung up on us! We got back some money, certainly not all of it. FYI, had no insurance- that was going to be purchased the next business day on Monday (we were diagnosed on Fri. and operation performed on Sat). <BR> <BR>I vowed never to use them again and we are planning our own trip for this August. We are doing it for less money and staying at nice places where I've already sent faxes and will know the folks in advance. In many cases they have given me lots of advise on area events and son et luminiere shows. Car is VERY reasonable through AAA. Also, this Formum has been a great help in making many trip decisions- much more help than the French Experience folks gave me. <BR> <BR>If you have booked with them already and have travel insurance I am sure it will be a wonderful trip. My situation was out of the ordinary. Have a super time!!

Old Jun 13th, 1999, 06:38 PM
daisy

Debbie, thanks for the information. We decided not to use the French Experience. We have booked a complete package with USAir and will be in Paris in September. I am sorry and appalled to hear how they treated you. I will spread the word about that. I hope all is well with your son and I hope you have a great trip as well.

Old Jun 13th, 1999, 06:51 PM
debbie

Daisy, so happy to hear you also will not use the French Experience. I have passed the word to many folks going to France and SAY IT TO THIS FORUM: <BR> <BR>DO NOT USE THE FRENCH EXPERIENCE when thinking of putting a trip to France together. <BR> <BR>We have put our trip together ourselves and have had so much fun doing so! Daisy, enjoy your trip!