French Alps

Jun 12th, 2018, 04:05 PM
Original Poster

French Alps

I am looking to plan a trip for my dad to France. Specifically, I am looking to go to the French Alps. I don't know where to start. I am open to suggestions.
Jun 12th, 2018, 04:18 PM

Chamonix is an obvious choice for a stay in the French Alps. Brian鏾n advertises itself as the highest town in the Alps.
Jun 12th, 2018, 04:33 PM

Follow the Route des Grande Alpes from Menton to Chamonix.

My wife & I have stayed in various gites in the Alps for a total of 7 weeks. I developed an itinerary that describes our favorite gondola/lift adventures, scenic drives, villages, etc. I've sent my various itineraries (I have others) to over 6,000 people on Fodors. If you would like a copy, e-mail me at [email protected] & I'll attach one to the reply e-mail. DO SO SOON. We leave early this coming Thursday for a month in Brittany.

Stu Dudley
Jun 13th, 2018, 04:34 AM

Or, just take a train to Chamonix and spend days there doing awesome stuff - check www.oui.sncf for booking own trains - general info on Chamonix area and trains in general and what to see - www.budgeteruopetravel.com and 赛恩特幼儿园设备有限公司. easy to get there and easy to get around by public transport- trains and lifts.
Jun 13th, 2018, 07:55 AM

All depends on your dates. After mid September, almost everything in higher areas will be closed.
Jun 14th, 2018, 07:24 AM

But don't things like Montnevers train to glaciers and Pte Aiguille cableway to Pt Heilbronner still operate? How do skiiers get to slopes?
Jun 15th, 2018, 11:47 AM

Les Posettes close end August, Planpraz, Brevent, Flegere, Index and the upper part of Tramway du Mont Blanc Sept 16th, Grands Montets, Charamillon, and Col des Montets Sept. 20th, Montenvers end September. Aiguille du Midi runs more or less all the year round.

Search this Thread