Freiburg im Breisgau - Park and Ride Questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2019, 04:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be traveling to Freiburg im Breisgau as a daytrip from Colmar one day during the second week of July. I'd like to do a Park and Ride. Can someone recommend the easiest lot to navigate to? Can I pay cash for the bus ticket from the parking lot to city center? Also, is there a recommended day of week to visit? I'll be in Alsace for 7 nights. Thank you in advance for assistance!
Old May 25th, 2019, 03:17 AM

https://www.vag-freiburg.de/park-ride I'm afraid this website is in German only. But there is a map where you can find the park&ride possibilities to the west of the city center. Parking is free there. Buy your ticket from a ticket machine that is probably multilingual. Take cash with you (coins or small banknotes) as those ticket machines sometimes don't accept foreign credit and debit cards. Freiburg has a good streetcar system with streetcars every few minutes. Every morning till about 1pm except Sunday there is a market around the cathedral. Except for Sunday Freiburg is a very lively city.
Old May 26th, 2019, 03:38 AM
Original Poster

Swabian, thank you for your reply! I did find that website in German which is why I posted here on Fodor's. I will try the parking lot closest to the historic center and if full go to one of the others. I'm glad to know the streetcars run so often and I can buy a ticket from a machine. Thanks for the information about the daily markets! I didn't know about that. I'll definitely go on a day other than Sunday. Many thanks for your reply.