Search

free maps

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 12:53 PM
nikol

free maps

Could you please tell me where I should find free on line maps.I am interested in Paris,Rome etc<BR>Thanks!1

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 01:17 PM
Duh

Surely this has to be a troll!!!! Absolutely no effort, and no attempt at research.<BR><BR>Look on your home page under maps! What a concept. Or do a search!! Another concept.<BR><BR>Try the tourist offices. Another concept!!!!<BR><BR>Gee, nikol, hope this helps.<BR><BR>Duh

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 02:15 PM
Capo

Hi Nikol. This is one of the better online ones I've found for the center of Rome. You can click on the various sections for more detail.<BR><BR>http://www.romanholidays.com/rome-map.htm

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Re x

The comments by Duh are vicious and worthless. Made all the more ignorant and mailicious by being posted anonymously.<BR><BR>If newbies didn't need help why would they come here? And the day we lose new visitors is the day this forum involutes on itself and becomes worthless.<BR><BR>You can obtain a decent over view map at www.mappy.com and a few other sources. One good thing ab out www.mappy.com is that you can zoom in, and the zoomed pieces are perectly suitable for pasting together to make bigger images if you want the (lots of) time to do that.<BR><BR>The truth is that the internet is generally not a substitute for a paper map. The level of detail and the size would require a 100 megabyte file size.<BR><BR>And all good guidebooks have various overview maps. Get thee to a bookstore, public library or both. You need those books anyway.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Lonniel

Dear Duh,<BR><BR>If this were a troll, you'd have to be a fool for answering it.<BR><BR>L

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 03:15 AM
nikol

Thank you so much for answering!I have to say that Duh's post dissapointed me...anyway, I am going to check romanholidays and mappy out!

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 03:33 PM
ttt

topping<BR>

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 03:38 PM
xxx

Rex, good for you! Well said!<BR><BR>Best of luck, Nikol.

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 05:58 AM
Rex

Thank you, nikol.<BR>