Reload this Page >

Free for teachers

Search

Free for teachers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 03:48 PM
ed

Free for teachers

I read in an earlier thread that entry was free for teachers in some museums in france.. Is this true for american teachers or just local french schools? If so what type of documentation have you used? My wife, daughter and I are all teachers and will be going to paris next week( first time)<BR>Will a leter from out principal on letterhead work? Thanks

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 07:17 PM
Rex

IU think it's true for some museums. Do you have a picture ID? A letter on letter head from a principal would be the next best thing. It couldn't hurt to have your local high school French teacher add the translation on it somewhere.<BR><BR>Keep in mind that the free admission is sometimes only when you are leading a group of kids.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 11:33 PM
Sue

I have always taken a school picture ID with the words "enseignant(e)" (teacher) and "Lycee Bonanza" (high school, yes--that's Las Vegas for you) on a label on the back. It has gotten me into the Louvre and the Orsay (I just show it at the entrance). Last time I tried the Pompidou, you had to be an art teacher, but maybe that was the particular exhibit I was going to see. A letter might work, but I think the less obvious you are about these things, the better they work for you. And I try my ID at all museums, just in case. Sometimes it gets you a discount. Why are things so mysterious in France?

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 08:04 AM
topping

to the top<BR>

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 09:00 PM
Andrea

I had luck with the International Teacher ID card available from Council Travel. It is similar to their student ID card, includes insurance, etc. Got either reduced or free admission to many museums (though not all accept it). Colleagues of mine without the card did not get the discount, though they had other forms of ID. I think the card is $20 or so. I have even used it in the States.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 04:59 AM
x

If you have enough money to travel abroad, you have enough money to pay the entrance fee at the museums.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 07:48 AM
Rex

It's a normal and natural urge, when you are recognized by some institution as "worthy" of special treatment, to want to partake of it.<BR><BR>It's also a normal and natural urge, to want to kick yourself, for not being able to do so, all for lack of a silly little piece of paper.<BR>