Frankfurt Hotels

Search

Frankfurt Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2022, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frankfurt Hotels

My husband and I will be staying in Frankfurt for two nights before flying to Kenya. We will recover from our overseas flight (from California) and do a bit of sightseeing. Does anyone have a hotel they recommend? Thanks!
Old Feb 18th, 2022, 01:55 PM

Cast the net wider - Mainz and Wiesbaden are good for the airport too. Last time I stayed in the area I was in Mainz. I wouldn't recommend my hotel for a first-timer because it was set back from the city in the hills behind it, but certainly the Hilton is in a fantastic location on the river and not far from the station. From Mainz you are in a great location for Rhine day-trips and you can see the 1000 year old Mainzer Dom, the Gutenberg Museum and the ancient shipbuilding museum, as well as the Chagall windows in the Stephansdom.

If you prefer to stay in Frankfurt itself, you might consider the Adina Neue Oper (aparthotel). I like the chain a lot having stayed in other Adinas and it is in a good area for the Museumsufer (the museum river-bank) and the applewine pubs in Sachsenhausen. It is just past the seedy area around the station but it's OK there.

Lavandula

Old Feb 18th, 2022, 02:46 PM
mjs

I have stayed at the Adina Westend and liked the apart hotel a lot but the Neu opera is in a better location
Old Feb 19th, 2022, 09:56 PM
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Jul 25th, 2022, 03:41 PM
Original Poster

I just wanted to report back that we ended up staying at three different hotels: the Metropolitan Hotel by Flemings (nice hotel right across from the train station in a somewhat scruffy neighborhood, but we felt safe), the Motel One Frankfurt-Römer and the Motel One Frankfurt Airport. The reason for so many hotels was due to coming and going from Frankfurt on our way to other places.

The Motel One Frankfurt-Römer was well located just a few blocks from Old Town with a tram stop right in front. The rooms are small but modern, clean and comfortable and the AC worked well. The Motel One Frankfurt Airport had the same look as its sister hotel but was in the middle of a rather bleak business park. However, it was convenient to the airport and very reasonably priced.
Old Jul 25th, 2022, 07:30 PM

Yes, the area around the station is a bit depressed, but it has been cleaned up a lot since the 1990s. At that time I had a friend living in Frankfurt and she carried a pepper spray in her handbag. I never felt that unsafe. But she maintained you could buy and sell anything in the station (drugs, weapons, people, you name it) and certainly at that time you could spot the people who were in the U-Bahn there buying and selling drugs. Nowadays it is a bit, as you say, scruffy, but not dangerous now. The Römer is a nicer area, and the airport district is safe, if sterile.

Glad you had a good trip!

Lavandula