Frankfurt to Paris or Frankfurt to Provence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will be spending 2 weeks in Germany/Switzerland at the end of July/beg. of August... flying into and out of Frankfurt. After our two weeks are up my sister will be flying into Frankfurt to meet us and then she and I will head to France (my poor husband will be heading home).

We plan on being in France for 1 week and we are not planning on renting a car, but making use of the trains. There are many places we would like to see .. but with 1 week we realize that is not possible so we have decided on Paris and Provence.

My question is ... since we will be in provence ... would it be easier to...

A) take a train from Frankfurt to Provence then to Paris and fly out of paris (back to the US)

B) take a train from Frankfurt to Paris then to Provence and fly out somewhere around Provence

C) take a train from Frankfurt to Paris then to Provence and then back to Paris and fly out of paris (this does not appeal to me)

Although I have a ton of research on Germany and Switzerland, I have just begun my research on France. With this being said, any suggestions and/or comments?

Thanks for your help!

C) take a train to pa
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

topping
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 09:59 AM

Splitting up your one week in France won't give you much time in either Paris or Provence, especially once you factor in travel time. I'd suggest choosing one or the other and concentrating your time there, in which case my recommendation would be to take the train to Paris and spend your time there.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Underhill. Your suggestion is along the lines of what I was thinking .... especially since I will have been traveling through Germany and Switzerland for two weeks. I may need the time in "one place." Thanks!
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 10:37 AM

I certainly agree with Underhill.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

I just caught a mistake I made on my original post. We will be in Frankfurt .. instead of "since we will be in Provence" ... Frankfurt is where my husband is flying out of and where I am meeting my sister. You probably caught on to that, but wanted to clarify.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 11:49 AM

IMO would spend a week in Paris and maybe do a day trip to Versailles and or Brugge. I have been to Paris a few times and have spent a least 60 days there. I have just broken ground!!!!