Frankfurt Airport Hotel

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 05:30 PM
Gerry K

Frankfurt Airport Hotel

Does anyone know of a hotel that is VERY close to the Frankfurt Airport?

Many thanks,

GK

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 11:30 PM
Diane

Although it is pricey, the Sheraton is at the airport. You just cross over the pedestrian bridge from the hotel and you are at Terminal 1. Keep in mind that there are two terminals, and you may need to get a shuttle if you are departing from Terminal 2.

We had a very good last night's dinner in their upscale restaurant. It was surprisingly inexpensive.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 01:39 AM
Melissa

I also stayed at the Sheraton and you just can't beat it for location. Your bellman will point you in the correct direction for your airline.

I had one gripe: They only have ONE dang computer in their "business center" and the connection was THE worst in all of Europe! It was so bad that I had to write it on my comment card when I left.

I would not eat their dinner buffet again, but their breakfast buffet (included in your stay) is very good and the service (in every department, actually) is first-rate.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 03:06 AM
Gerry K

Thanks, Diane and Melissa,

Exactly what I was looking for!

GK

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 03:25 AM
xxx

The Steenberger Exprix (sorry, I always spell it wrong) is very nearby, has a shuttle service and is less expensive than the Sheraton.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 04:48 AM
doug

For easy access to the airport and no hassle the Sheraton is the only place to stay. It is very nice hotel with great rooms and it has the most important feature of all: location, location, location. Go for it