Reload this Page >

Frankenstein Castle

Search

Frankenstein Castle

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 08:02 AM
Vene

Frankenstein Castle

Has anyone been to the Frankenstein Castle Festival in Darmstadt? We thought this might be a fun Halloween party but have only read about it on the web. Also, wondering what else we shouldn't miss while in this part of Germany.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 12:56 PM
sandi

You probably won't get any responses on the castle question, becasue it was just recently asked. I'd repost with a specific question about Germany in the title.

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 04:58 AM
anissa

I'll prove Sandi wrong. When I was about 13 years old (many years ago, so maybe it has gotten better?) my family and I went to Frankenstin's Castle for Halloween. It was honestly one of the most horrible experinces ever!! I do not recommend it. <BR> <BR>We got there when it was getting dusk (which at that time of the year is around 4ish), proceeded to walk up hill on poor "tracks" through the forrest (we chose to do the shortcut that is actually marked as such). Once at the top it is a ruin of a castle that has people dressed in costumes running around trying to scare the children (sometimes succeding). If I remember correctly there were some things to eat and some carnival type games. Really bad tourist trap place. Because of the walk up I wouldn't recommend it for little kids, and because of the cheesy "entertainment" I wouldn't recommend it for older kids.

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 07:53 AM
Art

I don't think goats would understand halloween anyway. Children might however. <BR>

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 08:15 AM
dazedandconfused

What the hell are you talking about Art? Am I missing something?

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 08:52 AM
Art

To dazedandconfused. Kids are the proper name for baby goats not children. <BR>

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 05:18 AM
anon

Art, you just nominated yourself for the Pompous Ass Club.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 01:17 PM
Art

to Annon, Thank you very much. <BR>Regards <BR>Art ( or should I now sign Arthur) <BR>