Hotel Colon, Barcelona

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 10:49 AM
CIndy

Hotel Colon, Barcelona

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Colon in Barcelona. If so, please tell me about it. Is October a nice time of the year to visit Barcelona? Thanks

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 11:02 AM
marilyn polo

We stayed at the Hotel Colon at the end of March. Comfortable room and a great location. We enjoyed it very much. Skip the breakfast buffet (not included in room rate) it left much to be desired.

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 11:19 AM
ilisa

We also stayed there and loved it. Try to get a cathedral view room (they are more expensive). If you can't do that, try to get a room with a balcony; all the 5th floor rooms have them.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 12:11 PM
Kevin

Was booked in there earlier this year, but had to cancel our trip due to illness. Regardless, a friend from Barcelona had recommended this hotel, and said it was one of the best hotels in the city.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 01:21 PM
Capo

Haven't stayed at the Hotel Colon, but I can tell you that it's got a superb location, in the heart of the Barri Gotic, across from the Cathedral (which is magnificent when lit up at night.)

Unless October is one of Barcelona's rainiest months, I'd think it would be an excellent time of year to visit.