Frank furtLugguage Storage Help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 01:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, need some advice on cheap affordable long term lugguage storage facilities in Frankfurt,

I will be arrivivng in Frankfurt Airport then will be taking the DeBahn to Paris and UK and will spend about 3 weeks there before returning to Frankfurt Ariport to hope back on a plane home.

are there any long term locker services available at the Frankfurt Airport or the Debahn Train station that i may store my unwanted stuff til i get back from Paris and the UK?

how much would it cost me per day? are there cheaper alternatives?

Thank you in advance
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 05:22 AM

This site of the DB (Deutsche Bahn - German Rails) has a description of the location of the lockers and luggage service at the central principal train station of Frenkfurt am Main (City) called Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof, and a table of the costs of lockers = Schliessfächer (kl.Fach = small locker, gr. Fach = large locker) and the manned service = Handgepäckaufbewahrung (5 Euros per day, no fractional days):
http://tinyurl.com/2syp4x

And this site http://tinyurl.com/87xrmx spells out the options at the airport
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 05:44 AM

I've stored luggage for a week or so at the Frankfurt Airport. It's more like a coat check than individual lockers. They take your luggage, give you a ticket and x-ray it before they store it. When you return with your ticket, you pay for how long you kept it there. I don't recall it being especially cheap or expensive.
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 08:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the excellent info Dalai and Benson,

Dalai, i checked out the website, the table is in german, can't really understand it, can u enlighten me please.

Benson, any chance there is some literature to read on the Lugguage deposit? can't seem to find anything from the FRankfurt Airport website.

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

the FRaPort website is also in german, but i think there is no option to leave it for more than 24hrs, is there?

many thanks in advance
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 09:07 AM

http://tinyurl.com/87xrmx
This is the airport-city Frankfurt website where it tells you which terminals have the storage etc.

Don't just give up because it is not in English, there will be plenty of things not in English when you travel, you can't just act helpless.

You'll need to take the time and trouble to use a dictionary, online or otherwise - Bereich means area, Ebene means level, Ankunft means arrival, Abflug means departure, Gepäck means luggage, so Normalgepäck means normal luggage (as opposed to oversized) - they give the permissible dimensions in cm and the weight in kg - learn to use google to convert etc. - just go for it, it's all there.
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 11:13 AM

I've been through Frankfurt a number of times but only stored something once. I think I asked when I flew in about it. I was on business but planned on adding a week of vacation at the end so I dropped off suits and extra weight before touring.

I wish I could tell you more.
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 10:25 PM
Original Poster

didn't give up and neither am i acting helpless, i am in an airforce base working in the middle of dessert with another 300 or more others waiting on 1 internet terminal, unfortunately i am not sitting comfortably at home with the luxuries of a desktop or a dictionary.

i managed to used the google translator and like i said in my earlier post, there is no mention of storage for baggage for more than 24 hrs i will need to leave my military clothes and alot of other rubbish that i don't want to cary with me on my holiday to Paris. this storage needs to be able to store my baggage for up to 3 weeks at least. else i will need to find another solution and fast, am reaching the end of my 2 year service next week.

please don't take me as a freeloader and acting helpless, m situation is such, i cannot help it
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 10:54 PM

Hi Mavric,

There is a USO at the Frankfurt Airport. Here, in the US, we are not allowed to store luggage for people for more than a few hours, but if you contact someone at the USO there, they might be able to help you out somehow. Will you be going to Frankfurt from Ramstein? The USO at Ramstein might be able to help you out. Perhaps someone could store it for you in their home and bring it back to the USO for your return. Do you need numbers or websites for those USOs?

My DH & I volunteer at the BWI USO. Hope you have a great time on leave.
Old Dec 24th, 2008, 04:58 AM

Ok, here goes for the man or woman from the desert:

Luggage storage at the FRA airport as per http://tinyurl.com/87xrmx

Terminal 1:
Area B, level 1 (arrival): Open daily 24 hrs, phone +49 (0) 69 690 70786
Area B-C, level 2 (departure): Open daily from 6AM-10PM, phone +49 (0) 69 690 73277

Terminal 2:
Area D, level 2 (arrival): Open daily from 6AM-10PM, phone +49 (0) 69 690 72860

Max. duration of storage: 3 months, after that your stuff goes up for auction.

Fees per piece, in Euros, inclusive of tax MWST:

Regular luggage (80x50x30 cm) (max. weight 30kg) up to 7 hrs 3.10, 7-24 hrs 3.60

Larger items or weighing more than 30 kg up to 24 hrs 6.20

Clothing item 2.10 for each 24-hr period (fraction or complete) 2.10