Beauvais to Paris

Search

Beauvais to Paris

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beauvais to Paris

I am flying to Paris on Ryanair and arriving in Beauvais airport. How do I get into Paris from there? Does the metro travel to that area?
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 02:48 PM
rex

No metro. It's way too far. There are buses, timed to serve Ryan air flights (both arrivals nad departures).

There are links to info on airport transit for every single airport served by Ryanair - - right on the ryanir.com website. Click on "Destinations".

The bues will cost you quite a bit in both money and time.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 03:41 PM

http://www.aeroportbeauvais.com/bus.php?lang=eng
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 05:59 AM
ira

Hi ar,

From whence are you departing for paris?

Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 07:15 AM

As is often the case with things that cost less, the cheap flights into Beauvais (about 50 miles from Paris) involve a bit of inconvenience, but it's not too bad. Last I took it it cost 13 Euros and they didn't take credit cards. I can't remember if you need the exact change or not. The airport bus leaves about 20 minutes after each Ryanair flight arrival - it takes 1 hr and 20 minutes roughly and goes to the Porte Maillot location on the western side of Paris where you can switch easily to both the Métro (Line 1 Défense-Vincennes) and RER (C1).

But if you need to go to the Gare du Nord or thereabouts for example, like if you have to catch a train for Brussels or Amsterdam etc., you might want to take the local shuttle or a cab (fixed daytime fare 11 Euros) from Beauvais airport (which is actually in Tillé just a few miles from Beauvais) into the town of Beauvais, takes maybe 15 minutes, and take a regular regional TER train. That can take as little as 1:07 hr and cost 12 or 13 Euros, no need for advance reservation. Look them up at
www.voyages-sncf.fr - input Beauvais (60) and Paris Nord (75), date and time and see what comes up.
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 10:51 AM

We did it in reverse and it worked just fine. It was worth all the money we saved and what's so bad about getting to see the French countryside?

Beauvais airport is very small and I find that so much easier and quicker than the huge city airports.

The bus was clean they will let you off at a location with a nearby metro stop. It is on the edge of downtown but not far out at all.

I assume you do know they will charge you for your bags. It was still a great savings for us.
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 02:09 PM

If you're a James Joyce fan (or a fan of Irish pubs in general), the bus from Beauvais lets you off just across the street from Kitty O'Shea's pub, which features stain glass scenes from Ulysses. Having a pint of Guiness there is a good way to shake off the trip before tackling the metro at Porte Maillot.
Old Dec 24th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the info. I will be staying with friends in Venice and taking a quick trip to Paris with them.