France trip using Discovery Tours By Gate 1

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for ones experience with tour company Discovery Tours By Gate 1. They specialize in small groups(20 people). They have a 12 day trip through France I am considering.. Where do they fall among tour groups? I also am looking at
Tauck tours. I had a wonderful trip with Tauck in the past.. I am looking for a luxury, well run tour in France .
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 08:51 AM

Check the hotels on Gate 1 carefully - both ratings and location.

Few other tour companies gives you what your get - and pray for - from Tauck.
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks you nytraveler . Gate1 maybe one 5 but mostly 4 star hotels and Bed/breakfast. They seem to be okay, but not at the same level as Tauck. I am looking for clean and updated accommodations. A tour that is well run.
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 02:09 PM

Your comments are contradictory: do you want clean and updated or luxury? Gate 1 won't be luxury. Tauck will/should (and may be more centrally located.

And for Tauck's prices, they have a stake in making you happy considering the earful you'd be entitled to give them if the tour sucked.
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Original Poster

I know the quality of Tauck and they do a great job with there tours since I have experienced them. All I want to know is has any one taken a trip with Discovery Tours Gate 1 , and what was their experience with the tour company. Was it an upscale tour like Tauck or not ?
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 06:32 PM

We took a Gate One tour to China and were extremely happy. Although it was not a Discovery Tour, our group was only abut 25 people.

What exactly do you mean by upscale? The hotels we stayed in with our tour were beautiful, extremely adequate for our needs. We had breakfast daily at the hotel before heading out. More food than you could possibly want. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable. We were treated very nicely, not like cattle. Our tour stayed 4 nites, 3 nites and 3 nites so not rushed and packing up every day. The restaurants we went to very wonderful.

Although we do all our Europe trips on our own, the China trip came up unexpectedly and we jumped at the chance to go. Your upscale and my upscale might be different but I would not hesitate to take another tour with Gate One.