Reload this Page >

Fowarding threads???

Search

Fowarding threads???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 07:41 AM
elisa

Fowarding threads???

Does anybody know if it is possible to e-mail the contents of a whole thread to someone w/o copying &amp; pasting it in a separtate e-mail.<BR><BR>Also, I once read that someone &quot;topped&quot; off some &quot;whatevers&quot; for someone in response to their question. What does this mean?

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 07:49 AM
Rex

&lt;&lt;e-mail the contents of a whole thread to someone w/o copying &amp; pasting it in a separtate e-mail&gt;&gt;<BR><BR>I seem to recall that they once experimented with a way to do this, but now, the cut and paste into e-mail is the only method I know.<BR><BR>Or you can e-mail someone the URL for a thread (is that what you meant by the &quot;whatevers&quot;?)<BR><BR>for example, the URL for this thead is http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&amp;tid=34378823<BR><BR>But if it is a controversal thread, then it might not be there when your recipient goes to read it. Better to cut and paste!<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 08:07 AM
Elisa

Thanks Rex. Where do you copy the URL from? Forgive my ignorance. I'm new to the site and already addicted.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 08:10 AM
Rex

You right click on its listing in the lefthand column - - that puts into your &quot;clipboard&quot; (don't know how this works on a non-Windows system) - - then you have to &quot;paste&quot; it into your e-mail, or other document (Ctrl-V).<BR>

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 08:43 AM
anon

I just copied and pasted a trip report then sent in via my email. I just left out the persons name and email address that posted the report.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 03:46 PM
up

topping, for elisa<BR>