Fourth Plinth again

Sep 16th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Original Poster

Fourth Plinth again

Does anyone have any additional information about this plinther?
http://www.oneandother.co.uk/participants/Redomelette
About 25 minutes in it is very dramatic/sad/heartbreaking, and from some of the comments posted about it, I wonder if it is true, not an act. But when you watch it, it is so moving that I know it is real. I searched for more info but could not find anything.
Is it for real? Does anyone know? My heart goes out to him.
Could there have been a happy ending later?
Sep 17th, 2009, 12:14 AM

Wow. The second part is indeed like watching a moving film.

I stood watching a plinther last summer and found it to be terribly boring. You don't hear what they are saying and there so much other action and other wierdos around you, that their attraction is soon lost. I found plinthing to be a pitiless job for the plinthers. They are much more interesting watching them on the live stream.
Sep 17th, 2009, 01:26 AM

Don't have time to watch it this Am but I did read some of the comments.

Most plinthers seem to just stand there and talk on their cell phones, terribly boring. I keep hoping they'll have a bagpiper!
Sep 17th, 2009, 02:00 AM

So far, the guy who cooked the full English breakfast on the plinth gets my vote--at least he had an enjoyable meal.

I watched the crucial bit of the scorned proposer. I am a skeptic so think it was faked, partly because the woman's reaction didn't ring true. But then, that's just my opinion.
Sep 17th, 2009, 06:33 AM

"Man exposes self on Plinth" would be my caption. I could have told him that no girl likes to be proposed to from a plinth.

(It rings true. I say Kelly should give him another chance now that he's paid some dues.)
Sep 17th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

After Kelly runs off, he seems totally shattered, in shock really. His body language is so revealing, and then he asks through his microphone if the next plinther could start early.

A lot of the plinthers don't seem to make much effort but the few that do can be quite entertaining.

And then there is one like this. Wow.