Road Map-Shannon to Dingle

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2003, 04:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know where I can obtain a marked road map from Shannon Airport to Dingle? I have several maps but one that clearly maps out the route would be helpful.AAA could not help, I could not seem to obtain from Mapquest or Michelin.

Thanks.

Anthony
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 04:11 AM

Powell,
I have a map in front of me....when you leave Shannon, turn right on N18. When you arrive in Limerick, get on N69....this will take you straight to Tralee.....then on T68 it will take you straight to Dingle.
A suggestion would be to "research your map" on Google......or this might help you: www.irelandexpert.com
I loveeee the Dingle area! Have been several times! Have a fabulous trip!
MB West Texas
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 12:35 PM

I found the route planner at this site to be just great:
http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/planner_main.jsp
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Ardfert

Another useful route planner is www.viamichelin.com.If you wish to avoid Limerick traffic consider driving towards Ennis and Kilrush and take the Killimer-Tarbert Car Ferry before you reach Kilrush.Then go via Listowel and Tralee.

Old Aug 27th, 2003, 01:55 AM

Ardfert,
this is exactly what we did!!! It's much easier and the drive is much prettier AND interesting!
Another suggestion would be to call the Irish Tourist Boad and they will mail you a road map!
Have fun!
MB
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 03:32 AM

Go to a bookstore like and get a real map of Ireland - the on-line route planners are good for approximate number of miles and time but they don't always have the correct routes or numbers. I just came back from Ireland this week and the information I had downloaded from the net was wrong as often as it was right. If you have a real map you can look at your various options. There are at least three viable routes from Shannon to Dingle, the two already mentioned and also the N21 which is maybe a tiny bit longer than the N69 but a "better" road. We took that route but any of them will work. We rented from Hertz and they actually gave us a very good map, as good as the one we spent $10 on before we left. (But Europecar in England wouldn't give us any map so don't count on your rental car coming equipped with a map).