Reload this Page >

football/soccer tickets in Spain?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 02:38 PM
jennifer

Hello to all. My husband, a soccer fan, and I will be in Spain in April. Is there a way for those of us outside of Spain to get tickets for, say, a Real Madrid (or whomever) match before we reach Spain? If not, does anyone have info/suggestions on how - if possible - to acquire them once there? Thanks so much for any and all info - I cannot wait to get to Spain!

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 03:59 PM
FootballFan

Don't know the specifics of La Liga ticket acquisition, but I've been successful in getting tickets to the English Premiership, the UEFA Cup (in the Netherlands), and the Champions League (in England) in the past.<BR><BR>A few pointers:<BR><BR>(1) Check the schedule(s) for teams in nearby cities during your trip. Look first at La Liga fixtures. Don't forget about Champions League, UEFA Cup, and Copa del Ray fixtures, however.<BR><BR>(2) Visit the relevant teams' websites. Contact them directly and inform them that you want to purchase tickets. Explain that you are a big fan coming from the USA/wherever. Usually they are very accommodating. The good news about Spain is that the stadiums are generally large (especially the Camp Nou in Barcelona) so there are often plenty of available seats.<BR><BR>(3) If #2 fails, as a last resort, you can buy from a tout/scalper. Not a great idea, but if you must, show up for the fixture an hour before kickoff, walk around and wait for the inevitable approach, and bargain wisely (e.g. know the face value of the tickets and what they look like to reduce the risk of getting scammed).<BR><BR>Finally, Real Madrid is probably the best side in the world, so watching them play would be a &quot;real&quot; treat, pun intended. Barcelona and Deportivo de la Coruna are very solid too. Good luck!

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 04:04 PM
FootballFan

I should also add:<BR><BR>To the Europeans, it's football, not soccer. Might want to address it as such. After all, American football is a game involving mostly running, passing, and tackling, and very little kicking.<BR><BR>Also, (especially important if you go to a match in England or Turkey), be sure to root for the proper team (e.g. if you are seated in the home section at a Real Madrid match, don't show up in Barcelona or Athletico colors). This is often a matter of courtesy; sometimes a matter of safety.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 04:10 PM
Maribel

jennifer,<BR>If you don't want to try your luck at calling Caja Madrid tele-entrada service for the Estadio Bernabeu box office at 902 324 324, <BR>there's an online source that's not too terribly expensive:<BR>www.eol.es/lgalicia/ <BR> <BR>You can order them by phone or email, but there will be at least a 20% (if not more) mark up. <BR>Once in Madrid you could pick them up at the Localidades Galicia office on the Plaza del Carmen 1, between the Puerta del Sol and the Gran V&iacute;a. <BR>or another source, the TEYCI office in the shopping arcade at Goya #5 on Plaza Col&oacute;n.<BR><BR>There's another office whose name I don't recall on that sells marked up bullfight and f&uacute;tbol tixs near the Puerta del Sol on Calle Victoria, left hand side going up to the Calle de la Cruz from Carrera San Jer&oacute;nimo.<BR><BR>

Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
topping as I am also curious